Help! Nevada Bush Trip: Where is Spaulding Airport landing hit box?

Doing the Nevada Bush Trip and am currently on leg 16, landed at what I am 99% certain is Spaulding Airport, but can’t figure out where I need to stop for the game to recognise I completed the leg. Where do I need to stop?

On the bush trips, if you stop anywhere on the airport it should recognize it as a completed leg. If you’re doing this after the new patch you may have discovered a new issue and should report it to ZenDesk.

It is after the new patch indeed.

Your only other option would be to try out a leg you’ve done before and see if it works there unfortunately.

Right. I guess I could start another bush flight and see if the issue repeats there also.

I did the first leg of the Balkans trip and that was recognised fine. My guess is they inadvertently moved the hit box for the landing of this specific location somewhere off the runway.

Yeah, a bunch of threads were commenting on bush flights not registering. I wonder if they shrunk the boxes or something. Someone recommended zooming in as close as possible on the vfr map to see where they placed the airport marker and then trying to taxi around to get as close to that as possible while stopping the aircraft every so often.

I have the same issue at the Silver Springs airport (also Nevada bush trip). Taxied around some time but eventually have up (I confirmed with LittleNavmap that I am at the correct place).
Might be connected with the patch.

2 Likes

Yeah I suspect it is connected to the patch. One thing I noticed is when closed and reopened the game and continue the bush trip from the airport where I landed the navlog no longer comes up correctly, almost like it’s confused as to which part of the trip I am on or something. I spent quite many hours of flying to get to where I am, not sure I could motivate myself to start it from scratch if it got messed up irreversibly.

Just looks like this

That looks like the glitch. Go back to trip menu, check the legs list from bottom to top. Click the leg one above the last leg with a checkmark and hit restart from this leg. It should sort out the issue.

Ah OK, so I just need to refly this one leg? Not sure exactly which one you mean when you say “one above the last leg with a checkmark”. Since this one didn’t get registered as complete that would mean reflying the last three?

Nope just check the list, your completed legs will have a check mark. Last one is the one that is glitched, click the previous one, one above the last leg with a check mark and restart.

It should start from the beginning of the last leg that didn’t register. Be sure to check that the nav log is not empty like your screenshot. If nav log displays the instructions, it should register after you finish the leg this time.

1 Like

Ah OK! Thanks, will try this!

1 Like

I’ve had the same issue after the patch. The only way I’ve been able to get the legs to register in any bush trip is to totally restart the trip from the beginning

Dang, I really hope there is another way…

this is happening to me too, after patch can’t finish a leg. already restarted that leg but I won’t do more than that. waiting for fix : \

Im in the same boat… Landed at LAGO VIEDMA AIRSTRIP Cant find the Hit Box anywhere. What is the fix?

Same problem here on the 8th leg of the Balcan trip… I’ve spent 30minutes trying to stop at every possible spot of the airport and landed a couple times in different locations, but nothing :frowning:

I’m also stuck at Silver Springs. Tried going back two steps but that wouldn’t complete and now won’t restart properly. I didn’t buy this sim for the pre-packaged adventures, still I thought trying them would be fun. It was. Until it wasn’t. Any ideas how i can blow away my history entirely and start this bush trip fresh with no baggage? Otherwise it’s back to basic skills practice at Moruya for me.

Sounds like lots of people have the same problem. I’m going to wait for the next patch. Lots of other flying I can do in the meantime.