Help on something insane

Hello. I was wondering if it is possible on an addon fighter jet to have it where the brakes are super sensitive and the 100% throttle power shoots really fast and 99% and lower remains normal? (For aircraft carriers)

hopefully at some point we’ll see working aircraft carriers with catapults and cables - and tailhooks on Navy jets that function.
For now you can use the HDS Carrier module - available from their website for a few dollars that emulates catapults and traps (cables) but it is still just a static object.
see here —> HDS Functional Aircraft Carrier - MSFS – Hard Deck Simulations
MSFS doesn’t yet support moving land-able hard decks

2 Likes

Thanks for that, but is it possible like in the ENGINES.CFG folder? I don’t know much about it so that’s what I meant

Edit the flight dynamics, give it superspoilers like in the very old times.

2 Likes

yeah - I figured that. The answer depends on where you bought the plane. If you bought direct from the developer then you might change some parameters for the engines and brakes - if you bought from the ‘Marketplace’ in MSFS then those files are generally encrypted and cannot be edited.
Also -you really need to have a solid understanding of the .cfg files to make proper edits

1 Like

Thanks a lot for that, but how could I do that? I’m very bad at this stuff :joy:

now look what you did…

2 Likes

Just like regular Longitude

Boy oh boy… i remember creating ai planes with superbrakes to land on static carriers back in the day…

1 Like

You know this isn’t how aircraft carrier launches and landings work, right? Configuring a jet that way, even if it were possible, violates physics. Besides, you would not be able to land on regular runways, don’t you agree? Why not just wait for it to be implemented right?

If you really can’t wait, surely PMDG or X-plane 11 are a better option where this is fully simulated?

Seriously? That’s quite obvious, which is why I am asking how to edit the aircraft.cfg in the first place… people like you :roll_eyes:

1 Like

It’s your sim, you do with it what you like. Realism be damned. :wink:

2 Likes

Exactly what I was going for! All I need is just a little help on how to make the engine power go up and the brakes be super effective in the airplane files.

1 Like