Help understanding FS2020 startup, G2 & Cliffhouse

I cannot seem to find a definitive step-by-step on how to load FS2020 with VR and the G2. I am
also finding an absolute mess of guides etc online so please help.

My FPS is poor with long pauses and I think it is because Cliffhouse seems to be rendering in the background as well as FS2020, am I missing something dumb?

1. Plug in G2 - wait for WMR to say the headset is ready
  2. Open up OpenXR
  3. Open FS2020
  4. FS2020 finally loads but rendering even the menu is poor, with the UI freezing for 10 seconds at a time.

FX Card: 2070S
CPU: 5900X
RAM: 32gb

I’ve been where you are. It’s frustrating and discouraging.

Without trying to eliminate a host of possible variables let me just give you the steps that I use to get everything going.

1. Make sure WMR is running and that the headset is properly plugged in.
  2. Start MSFS and set up the flight
  3. After you’ve selected “Fly” and while the flight is loading, pick up the G2 headset and put it on.
  4. When the cliffhouse appears, press whatever keystroke or joystick button you have set to enable VR mode.
  5. When the flight is finished loading you will be in the cockpit ready to go.

Now some people do these in a different order but this is always works for me.

Now, getting the sim to look good in VR is another issue that will take a lot more tweaking and configuring. For that I suggest this post: My 2070 SUPER VR settings and suggestion (Reverb G2 - WMR)

1 Like

The cliffhouse does not come in to play.

For me
I have Win10 so once FS is up I put together a flight and hit Fly
Once it has started the flight and I’m sitting in the cockpit
I hit Ctrl+Tab which is the default key for starting the VR session in FS Then put the head set on and off I go.

You might have a look at this

My 2070 SUPER VR settings and suggestion (Reverb G2 - WMR)

1 Like

Exactly the same procedure that I explained above except that you enable VR mode before* you put on the headset. The result is the same.

1 Like

Ditto to above, and if you haven’t tried using 457.30 drivers give them a shot as many Nvidia 2XXX series graphics card owners say this is the best performing and smoothest driver for FS2020 in VR.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.