Help with AFE on PMDG DC6

Hi Folks… So I noticed flaps were not working (I’m using bravo throttle quadrant), so I have uninstalled and reinstalled using latest version. Flaps now work, but the AFE is dead. When I select any setting eg. Before Takeoff… no activity and also no voice anymore? All else seems ok. . I also checked the audio levels in MSFS and in the cockpit and they look ok. Also tried a new Bravo Profile - still nothing.

Any help would be appreciated!

I would try to confirm that the Bravo is not the source of the problem.
Try the sim with it disconnected, and see if you get the AFE working OK.

Last time I un- and reinstalled I ended up with the engines cutting out after takeoff and the autopilot having problems. After uninstalling again, I’ve noticed that the the software does not uninstall all the liveries from the community folder so I deleted them and reinstalled. All problems were solved after that. Your mileage may vary, but it’s worth a shot.

Regards,
G

Thanks guys… Tried with all peripherals unplugged and no go. Found the Liveries folder and deleted before reinstalling, still no go. PMDG got back and suggested a comprehensive uninstall procedure (that I had already tried twice).

So it’s still a mystery… it started with only one issue, the flaps animation was not working, otherwise it was good. But unfortunately I’ve gone down the rabbit hole of troubleshooting on this one plane. Otherwise the Sim is fine. ???

This could be caused by a mod conflict.
Have you tried with your community folder empty, and all addons you may have purchased from the Marketplace uninstalled?

Just tried with all Community folder items gone (except the DC6) still no go. Bizarre at this point. I’ve thrown it back to PMDG as well.

1 Like

This just in from PMDG “Issue has been reproduced internally and we are working for a solution”

1 Like

All - If you have not figured it out YET!, the bravo yoke and TQ has switches, across the top. When you install that device, those switches take OVER any and all Keyboard/Mouse interactions. You have to turn on the batteries, avionics using the Honeycomb “switches” or things will not work. It took me 5 months to figure that out, because I could not get any lights to work. Finally, being unable to not have the HC units take over my cockpit, I sold it and went to virpil controls. Much Better choice, more compact, made of 95% metal parts, profile stored inside each device, not in MSFS, and not on sim files. Oh, not made in china either, that was the most important part.

That being said, the PMDG planes, may have other “interaction issues” within the HC devices, the code for the planes has some “facets” outside the core sim code so the planes work in MSFS. If it was seamless, then all the FMS/AP things would work in the world map, they do not, you have to load any FP’s into the sim, and then load the FMS with the same FP or it won’t fly it. You can leave it out of the World Map part, it at least needs departure and arrival locations and RW, the rest it does not need. In Fact, in PMDG’s documentation on the 737, many things are to be done IN PLANE, not in sim.

Thanks for that… could be the cuase for some…I did try with all the HC peripherals disconnected but still had the same issue.

Captain, post like number 2-4 might have key, I would try with HC unplugged and a fresh install of the PMDG DC-6 and see if that works. I am assuming you are not on Xbox, if so, not sure how to do it again. Keep us posted.

Yes I pretty much did it that way. It does sound like PMDG have found a bug of some kind, I’m waiting for them to get back to me. If they find a solution I’ll post it here.

PMDG has fixed the issue! Sent me a new install file and all is working again. Amazing support on a Sunday from PMDG!

2 Likes

Thank you for helping improve their product. It benefits all of us.

If only all the other companies were this responsive.