Highway Traffic Crossing KLAX Airport Runways

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Brief description of the issue:

KLAX has road vehicles crossing runways.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Fly from KLAX 25R. Get about half way down the runway and you can see highway traffic crossing the runways.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Ryzen 3800x–RTX 2070 Super–32GB RAM

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Was about to report the same thing also at KLAX, noticed it during my stream earlier when i was there

2 Likes

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

yes

Brief description of the issue:

roads with car thru the runway 25L 25R

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

ICAO or coordinates (DevMode > Options > Display position)

KLAX 25L - 25R

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

road and cars

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

1 Like

Same with OIZC! This is an issue for several airports.

1 Like

It’s especially unrealistic at KLAX 25L/R, as traffic never moves that fast in LA. :clown_face: :oncoming_automobile:

3 Likes

I have this problem too

1 Like

Saw it from day one of SU10 beta1. Thought it would be fixed by now

1 Like

It’s LA. You have to be creative to beat the gridlock.

2 Likes

A couple of days ago I took one of the discovery flights in St. Louis. While tuning and tweaking controls I decided to fly just above the water surface of the Mississippi River under one of the numerous bridges with the dark space under them. I was surprised to find myself flying through a few lanes of highway traffic driving at the water’s surface underneath the bridge; there was no traffic that I recall on the deck where it should be. I suspect there are some elevation control issues for the elevated traffic vs. the actual ground elevations.

It is a complex problem, but it is also good for some chuckles too. :rofl:

1 Like

Same problem at EDDM.

Hello,
That is a different and unfortunately long-running issue, unrelated to Sim Update 10.

Hello,
Please log a separate bug report for this. I want to avoid creating a megathread of different airports. Thanks!

And at LPMA, I think this is a SU 10 problem overall. (there is a thread for LPMA already)

Moved to #bugs-and-issues:airports.

There have been many times while in L.A. that I would have done anything, including driving across an active runway, to escape the epic traffic gridlock. Maybe this was a crowd-sourced mass runway incursion to escape the traffic. Waited long enough for Elon to dig his tunnels and finally said, “Naaa…I think we’ll just drive across LAX instead.

This isn’t about a few airports, it’s a general issue where cars in tunnels appearing on the surface, whether it’s on runways or water.

1 Like

Understood, but if they need to be tied together, they can be done in the bug tracker behind the scenes.

Sigh… this is why terrain bugs in Asia Pacific never gets fixed.

Reported the same thing for VHHX and RCSS and nobody gave a ■■■■. It’s KLAX and everyone is reacting and it’s bug-logged now.

This issue doesn’t seem to be specific to any particular airport. A lot of airports with underpass/traffic near airport seem to have the same issue.

Yes

n/a

Just load a flight at KLAX and watch the traffic driving across the runway!

Can you elaborate on the behind the scenes bug tracker? Is it the same one as shared in weekly updates but longer? I see many “bug logged” threads that don’t appear in “known issues” or any public tracker.