Hold for Instrument View

I often hit CTRL+1 to access the first instrument view and glance at the PFD and then again to go back to the view I was in (even if it was external or drone camera). This is extremely handy and works well, but I do it so often that I wonder if there’s a way to assign it such that I can hold down a key to view the PFD and when I release it I go back to where I was without a subsequent key press.

Hello there, Thank you for your post! Your topic has been moved to a subcategory of General Discussion & Community Support. The General Discussion category is meant for discussions that fall outside of our other sub-categories.

Please check out these other categories for your future posts:

• Aircraft
    is where you discuss current or future planes coming to MSFS.
  • World
    is where you discuss scenery, airports, and weather.
  • Aviate, Navigate, Communicate
    is where you ask for help with flying.
  • Tech Talk
    is where you discuss graphics, drivers, performance, CTDs, and hardware.
  • Menus & Activities
    is where you discuss activities (landing challenges, bush trips, etc), plus anything accessed by the menus including the Marketplace, settings, logbook, cameras, etc.

@CasualClick, I did look through the subcategories, but didn’t originally see anything related to the camera view. I see the word “camera” in the Menus & Activities sub now, but that’s pretty subtle. Not sure why you put it in Aviate, Navigate, Communicate as it has nothing to do with that at all. This was an honest miss/mistake and I’m not sure why I received your note mentioning the possibility of limiting my account access.

Hi @codefoster,

Thank you for the note - we’ve moved it to Menus & Activities as you’re right about it being the best place for it. Moving forward, if you need any help looking for the correct category, you can always reach out to us! We know it can be a bit confusing at first and we are happy to assist.

2 Likes

You would need a way to configure both a key pressed event, and a key released event, and have it contextual to that button if you don’t want it to affect all. Both events would be the same, to toggle the view.

Can you use the “On Press” and “On Release” modifiers when assigning in the control menu? I think that should work without any external applications or API’s.

1 Like

That sounds exactly what you would want. As long as you can use those with any function that they have keybinds for, I don’t see what not.