Home Cockpit Hardware, FBW A320NX or Fenix A320, SimConnect and wasm - some help needed

@MobiFlight Thanks for the link. I found it already myself, and it’s indeed a very good starting point. It’s all pretty complex, but I guess that is the nature of such things.

I have posted a question on the MobiFlight forum, which is also questioning about some variables. I would really appreciate if you have a look at it.
https://www.mobiflight.com/forum/message/24524.html

Anyway, what I achieved so far:

• Control the BAT 2 switch and show the BAT 1 OFF indicator (see earlier post)

• Control the SPD with an encoder and show the value on a 3-digit 7-segment display

• Used the shiftregister output type to control several backlight channels (STP16CPC26MTR has 16 constant current outputs, ideal for controlling a lot of LED’s, and it has an OE pin that can be controlled using PWM for the brightness)

• Used an analog input connected with a potmeter which is used to set the value of “MobiFlight variable” which is then used to control a PWM output to connect with my backlight circuit

And saying that 2 days ago, I even didn’t have FS2020… :slight_smile:

Commenting here to follow along

i would say that sounds like you have achieved quite a bit in just 2 days. congrats!

1 Like

Hi.I am trying develop hardware that sends commands to the simulator. With standard commands I can turn on beacon and taxi lights but I cannot start battery 1 and 2. I am using for example the command A32NX_OVHD_ELEC_BAT_1_PB_IS_AUTO. Where am I wrong? I have an instance of simconnect and i have mapped that. When I receive the instrument command i send to simconnect by TransmitClientEvent method but nothing happen. I develop with C#. Thanks

FlyByWire A320NX developer version

For all the custom MobiFlight commands listed in events.txt you have to add the prefix MobiFlight. to them.

Thus you should be sending MobiFlight.A32NX_OVHD_ELEC_BAT_1_PB_IS_AUTO instead of just A32NX_OVHD_ELEC_BAT_1_PB_IS_AUTO.

I receive data from usb port to a class in my C# source. I translate that data as I want and send to the simulator by simconnect dll interface. I have not mobiflight

Well you will need to install the MobiFlight WASM module or something similar to be able to use that event and any other non-core events. The base sim does not yet support many SimConnect events.

Welcome to the forum @EJRobert75.

If you want to get a full understanding of SimConnect and WASM, I wrote a tutorial that you can find here.

I have seen your work. Beautiful work. Without that i was in difficult, thanks a lot. It works now. I put in the community folder your folder and i have changed my c# source with your part of your code. Works great. I have only a problem with your c++ code…my visualizza studio has a lot of error and i don’t understand why but using compiled source it works and i don’t need to change nothing. You are the only one that has explained in which way integrate simconnect in easy way. Thaks again sorry for my english, i’m italian

Indeed, there are a lot of errors in the C++ code, but that is mainly related to the Intellicode. Seems that there is some problem (being told by somebody else). I’m not behind my computer now, but there is a way to only show the “Build only” errors, and that gives no errors.

MSFS Fenix A320 FCU push/pull demo on QFCU

Paro VQPR VOR approach on MSFS Fenix A320 with QCFU and QCDU

Just curious, but how does this hardware connect to the Fenix A320? I’ve been told that there is no support for HW cockpit builders. Is connecion via propriatery interface, via SimConnect/WASM, or via another way? Is there documentation available?

Hi there,

Does anyone knows how to map a peripheral key to bind with heading selector? I was wondering that heading bug increase and decrease from MSFS control settings doesn´t work as for other aircraft.

Thanks for your answers!