"Home cockpit mode" does not hide the virtual cockpit and never has since it was introduced

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

YES

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Sorry If I have posted to the wrong area. Can’t find a simple way of asking for more info

Home Cockpit Mode
Could Asobo please let us know what is or is not happening with making the home cockpit mode functional please. As per my previous comments, with a lack of action on this item, I will be forced to buy XPLANE so as to be able to proceed with building my home cockpit simulator. I do not understand the lack of attention to this issue as it has had thousands of votes since the inception of FS2020. While the button has been created, it has never been functional which is massively disappointing as I seem to remember being able to perform this function in FSX. PLEASE inform us to status or issues.
Kind Regards

2 Likes

Hello,
Are there other threads on this? I logged this bug report because the only other voteable thread in the forums for this is the Wishlist topic for the ability to hide the cockpit, and it only has 143 votes as of right now.

1 Like

Getting over two years of this bug being logged and still no update. You’d think it was a simple one too…

It probably is. But unless more than 55 people choose to vote it up, the chances it’ll ever make it high enough up on the backlog to get worked on are small. Or else it’s being / has been done for 2024, which will increasingly be the answer to some of these long-term unfixed bugs.

1 Like

Yes, I am building a DC3 cockpit and a second cockpit is too much for me. I use as examples two dutch existing planes (PH-PBA and PH-DDZ) My registration will be PH-RIK

As seller Microsoft is responsible for promised and (poor)documented items Asobo is a subcontractor and should do what Microsoft orders. I looks like Microsoft is not really interested in cockpitbuilders but I hope sincerely that I am wrong. In the meanwhile I bakupgraded to FSXSE

Home cockpit owners represent far less then 0.01 percent of MSFS customers - to me that‘s why nothing has happened in this respect for such a long time. I‘ve even contacted Jörg Neumann directly pointing out this long persisting and frustrating issue. I got his direct yet very vague feedback however ( something like … will discuss it with the team …) some five months ago - but that‘s it. „It’s a sim not a game“ this promise looks very much like a marketing gag to me - at least for the time being. Not sure if MSFS2024 will bring a solution either or just continues to be a game not a sim. Let‘s hope for the better ….

2 Likes

yes

home cockpit mode doesnt work - I9 13900K, RTX 4080, 32 Gb ram, M2 SSD discs

There is a way to remove the cockpit entirely by modifying a livery file.

I did it once by accident and I’m not sure exactly what I did, but it’s definitely do-able.

More of an error than a mod but the results were; no cockpit visible.

2 Likes

Asobo, please fix that :pray:. It was a basic feature in legacy’s FS and we cannot enjoy full screen internal view any more and contemplate graphics …it’s a pity.
thanks

1 Like

There is a way to remove the cockpit entirely by modifying a livery file.

Actually it is not the livery file but the file in the airplane you want to use in its model folder and is named model.cfg
When you put ; in front of the exterior and interiour line on the bottom then there will be no cockpit
or airframe visible in the sim.

The only thing you see about your aircraft is whn you are in external view and it will be the airplane nav lights

3 Likes

Outstanding! :+1:

1 Like

same issue; any extra info would be irrelevant. just does not work.

I was and I am still happy with the alterations by Duckworks (DC 3 is thanks to their work flyable) and and a change in the liveryfile by an non microsoft/asobo person. The plane is even visible so i can check several outside things like flaps, rudder, landinggear and so on. The only missing points are (I have never seen in an real C47/DC3 the switches to secure the plane , open door etc.) I am trying to get that also done bij separate command panel.

For the moment the second best update I got was the properly working escape and end after an update of windows 11 (lot of problems) and the MSFS20 update of this month (beginning of feb 2024) with a name I don’t like. Loss of time by restarting my computer and the following messages from microsoft shows (of course only in my brains :slight_smile: ) that their programming is since a long time ready for re-engineering with help of real simmers experience.

I hope to meet again with a big smile, but with my experience wit the solvingtime of bugs etc up to now I am not sure of my lifetime is long enough.

But

very happy with