Honeycomb Aeronautical Charlie rudder pedals

I really like their products, I even use the alpha and pre ordered the bravo, but personally I’m very pleased with my pendular TPR.

Wondering what the Delta will be, leaning on a flight stick.

1 Like

I’m still waiting for my copy of the Alpha Yoke and Beta Throttle Quadrant. The expected delivery time of the yoke at the supplier’s recently went from this week to early December. :nauseated_face:

2 Likes

Another awesome piece of hardware. Kudos Honeycomb!

Shouldn’t the third product be called Gamma? As they use the Greek alphabet, not the NATO alphabet because the second product is called Beta instead of Bravo?

Its Alpha, Beta, Gamma or Alpha, Bravo, Charlie. (Sorry a bit OCD maybe.)

EDIT: I convinced myself they called the throttle ‘Beta’ somehow. I’m an idiot.

2 Likes

The throttle quadrant is “Honeycomb Bravo”…not Beta.

2 Likes

It’s Alpha, Bravo, Charlie. According to aeronautical alphabet. So next will be Delta, Echo, Foxtrot, Golf, … Lot of free space for further products up to Zulu. :smiley:

1 Like

Looks nice. i would have ordered one except what I have is also very nice.

1 Like

That would be the “Zulu in-dash hand sanitizer and face mask dispenser” for 2025.

Jim-Sim

1 Like

I’d get excited if I thought I could get one before it sells out in .5 seconds.

received one yesterday. been plug and play so far. nice…

I believe I was the source of the Beta-confusion. Apologies. :crazy_face:

Next one is called foxtrot-tango

1 Like

Great. Now where’s my Bravo?

1 Like

Let’s just hope that they don’t get bought out by logitech or thrustmaster, I love me some Honeycomb and hope they can up their supply chains on their own.

My alpha arrived yesterday mmm soo noice my bravo is ment to be here on the 27th of November unless delays again but my supplier hinted they have them in storage so I will see.

Once pricing and release timeliness cones out for Charlie ill buy that too lol and I just brought my rudder pedals oh well

Have been keeping an eye out for new on these for awhile, aside from “should be available 2021” there hasn’t been much but did come across this today.

Conversation starts @ 2:05

It’s unfortunate he didn’t actually take any video of him using them aside from the brakes.

2 Likes

I have been waiting also

This mail was in my inbox explaining the production, delivery and support issues. They will rise the prices also. Both the Alpha and Bravo will increase in price per September 1st to $279.99 and Charlie will launch at $299.99.

Product Update - Manufacturing & Development

What a crazy year and a half it’s been…

The world has been ravaged by a global pandemic. The whole infrastructure of the manufacturing system including materials shortage and lack of shipping vessels has had a tremendous impact on product availability on everything from cars to consumer electronics. We too have been massively impacted by these issues.

I would love to be able to tell you that the end is near, but all reports point towards the end of 2022 or even early 2023 before the markets have stabilized again. It doesn’t just impact production, but also product cost and new product development. Previously we were able to make frequent trips to our engineering office in Hong Kong, but that has not been possible since spring of last year which means that all samples have to be sent to the US for evaluation and back again for modifications over and over again. This has made it extremely difficult to develop new products at a reasonable pace, more specifically the Charlie Rudder Pedals but the good news is product completion is very close.

The bad news is that the price of microchips and other components has gone up significantly. As a result of that, both the Alpha and Bravo will increase in price per September 1st to $279.99 and Charlie will launch at $299.99.

It is not a decision we made lightly, as our mission has always been to provide excellent flight sim products at an affordable price, but with a microchips price increase of about x10 of pre-pandemic and shipping up 500%, it is impossible for us to remain profitable at the current margin structure. As a small Band-Aid, we have pulled a production of both the Alpha and Bravo that will be available on www.flyhoneycomb.com at the old price today and will ship the end of next week and all current orders from official retailers will not increase in price.

Our tech support has also been impacted due to the shortage and our ability to replace broken units was at one point unacceptable. We have brought on more members to the team and have made massive improvements. For those of you who may still have any outstanding issues please reach out to us at support@flyhoneycomb.com

I am sincerely thankful for the patience and understanding of the flight sim community, but I also think that we could have handled things better and we are in the midst of implementing a plan of better customer communication.

From this point forward we want to be as transparent as possible about what’s happening with our products. We will be posting when units leave port to our distributors and expected arrival dates - unfortunately, we can not say how many units will go to each store as this is the responsibility of the distributor but we hope to show that we are building and sending units out as fast as we can. We will also provide a monthly update on the status of products in development so that you have a timeline of when new products will be available. I’m sure there are still things we can do better, and we will try to adapt to the situation as it changes rapidly. In the meantime, thank you again for your loyalty and understanding.

Cheers,
Nicki
Founder - Honeycomb

1 Like

Good news for Xbox users who’s options are extremely limited.
Looking forward to more reviews and hopefully a tech breakdown or two which examines the mech and materials.

Always worry when reviewers refer only to other mainstream brands like Logitech as these are all a bit junk.

PC users should really give Virpil a look. All metal construction, contactless sensors, adjustable resistance.

Had an update email from Honeycomb yesterday =

The bad news is that the price of microchips and other components has gone up significantly. As a result of that, both the Alpha and Bravo will increase in price per September 1st to $279.99 and Charlie will launch at $299.99.