Honeycomb Aeronautical Partnership -- Please fix input bugs

Make sure and click the controller icon in Gremlin so that is GREEN. If it is BLACK it is not enabled

I found that in most cases you manually have to select the vJoy button from the drop down list

If you change the Left Rotary how do you set up the Combo Buttons to Increase or Decrease ALT, HDG, VS, Etc? I guess you must go back to the Default Binding and not the one that was in the YT video for setting up the Bravo A/P, where you move both rotaries at the same time to make a Combo.

Yes, the controller icon is green (active).

I have manually selected vJoy buttons in the controller options in MSFS, but still doesn’t work in the aircraft. Cant think of anything else to try.

Have you used Gremlins input viewer to make sure it’s sending data to vJoy?

Was just about to mention that. It does not light up in the vJoy section of the input viewer. So I have a problem with the Gremlin connection to vJoy?

I do get this rarely and have to closed down restart Gremlin and it seems to solve the problem

I should also say that in the vJoy vewer it will flash for a fraction of a second; only as long as the pause length that is put in the macro.

It is showing now after a restart of Gremlin (swear I tried restarting before with no luck but
). However, the vJoy lights up continuously too, which is not right. Macro length under settings is 0.05.

Double check the event after the pause says released

Actually I just saw a different solution that looks even easier to impliment

(1) Microsoft Flight Simulator | Heading/ALT Bug | Cause | FIX!! - YouTube

1 Like

Thanks but not sure what you mean to double check exactly. Check something in Gremlin?

Watching that video - seems interesting and very simple. Trying to figure out if there are any downsides

It is a key mapper, so the sim won’t see your initial switch states. You probably need to toggle all switches after starting a flight, to get their on/off state registered by the sim.

Thank you as this post just made a light bulb go off in my head. I had noticed that the buttons mapped in Gremlin sometimes registered the opposite number that I had programmed and now I know why. It was one thing I was finding frustrated me when trying to get this configured the other day. I wonder if you should go through all of them before every flight OR IF just doing it once on MSFS startup is enough?

I tested RS Mapper a bit and it is quite simple. I’ve only mapped my alpha switches so far though, but with no bugs. If you start cold and dark, switches should not need to be toggled.

One of these things seems to be killing my FPS. Need to figure out which.

the issue i am having is on all aircraft when i adjust the altitude in auto pilot it adjusts in 1000 ft increments. Id there a fix to adjust in 100 ft increments?

Its a bug in MSFS. Use a joystick mapper such as FSUIPC or FS_tools or etc

Thanks, this is a workaround I can accept for now. Hope Asobo fix this ASAP tho

The new update fixed something judging by the release notes

• Honeycomb device 10 degrees heading issue has been fixed

More information can be found here: Release notes

1 Like