Honeycomb Alpha&Bravo

Not sure what’s their financial model but I remember reading somewhere that the vision of their founder when they initiated the kickstarter project was to make affordable and high quality flight sim peripherals, which would beat hands down competitive products.

HC could have probably set twice the price for both the yoke and the throttle quadrant and people would still buy them, because there’s nothing that compares to them under 3-4x times the price. The main problem is availability but there seem to be a lot of factors behind these issues, not just company logistics (for example one of the reasons of delayed shipping is the lack of cargo containers in China which has caused worldwide distribution problems to lots of goods).

1 Like

Your right availability was the problem, I pre ordered my in September…on Amazon…was waiting months ended up buying on ebay…knowing I was paying over the odds…a lot of people from uk ordered 2 when they came out and put the second on ebay for bidding…but I love both the alpha and bravo…now waiting for the airbus throttles

Don’t know where your at, master but, I paid $425 for the Alpha and the same for the Bravo.
Got them from a mob called MightyApe in NZ

yes, covid is destroying everything lol. but yea the “sell more units for less profit per unit equals more total profit” model is one i run my plumbing company with and it works!

Does anyone know where to get the Bravo when living in Europe? The only address I know where flight hardware can be ordered is simwebshop.com in the Netherlands. But their next restock is scheduled for august.

Ordering directly from the US is a no go because shipping and import fees would pretty much be more than the bravo itself. Amazon does currently not list the throttle.

I’m loving both the Alpha and Bravo. Due to the well known 10 degree heading bug (search these forums), there is a bit of effort required to be able to configure the Alpha and Bravo to avoid the issue using external software to workaround (e.g. FSUIPC). The good news is that this issue is to be fixed in sim update 3 forthcoming (hopefully) soonish. I created this post to explain how I did my mappings and also with links to rmag’s brilliant videos on how to set up the Bravo and also fix the IAS light issue, the throttle 2 not being recognised issue and the sim rate issue. These are essential viewing.

See here:

Right on man! I have seen 2 or 3 of the videos you linked already actually, but I will definitely watch them all again once the goodies get here. I don’t think the FUICP? is a good route for me as I am not very PC savy so IDK a lot of what you were saying in that part unfortunately. But with some of the videos I have already seen and the others you have linked I am sure I will be well on the right path! And worst case, I just have to use mouse to change heading and altitude in sim til the update comes that fixes it. Will take away from the immersion a bit I suppose but with me being 98% PC illiterate I think it might be the best option :joy:.

On a side note since I also asked about the HC Charlie in this thread and a few of you guys replied to it, I looked into it. Some sort of announcement on it is coming in June FYI!

Well, I received the Alpha a few weeks ago, and can only say WOW!!

I have been using a CH Products yoke till then , and this Alpha is an improvement beyond words.

I ordered the Bravo 3 weeks ago, and expected shipping day is tomorrow. We will see.

Good news about the Charlie throttles - and yes, fingers crossed sim update 3 comes along soon and fixes the 10 degree issue for us all

Depends on where in Europe. Here in Denmark they are readily available, and have been for a couple of weeks.
power.dk says 50+ in stock. It was 100+ two weeks ago, when I ordered one.
komplett.dk says 100+ in stock.
I don’t know if they ship internationally.

Just received the invoice of the Honeycomb Bravo I paid in Sept. so it seems the deliveries are going to start in Europe during this week :slightly_smiling_face:

Good morning from the USofA. Just a humble suggestion, but please be careful of including Personally Identifiable Information (PII) in your posts anywhere. This one had phone, email, etc. There are multiple easy ways to get the screen shot and then blacking out what you don’t want people to see. Find a PC friend, if you don’t already have one, to show you how to do this. Good luck with the Alpha. I love mine.

I’m confused. I intent I took the picture I did to not include this personal info. I even clicked the picture just now and all I see is the sku #s and prices of alpha&bravo

I’m sorry, I wasn’t trying to make a big deal or anything. Here is the screenshot I see in this thread, with phone and email:

1 Like

Well…what the sh*t lol. that did not pop up on my screen :joy: oh well lol

Update: just received another email, the Bravo has already left Aerosoft and I have the UPS :truck:tracking number :slightly_smiling_face: I guess for those people in UK who ordered from Amazon is also great news as Aerosoft delivers to Amazon, they have lots of information on their website forum about this.

I hate you :joy: I was tols on friday that my alpha and bravo would ship monday or tuesday and I have gotten no new emails :sob:

:joy:Well, I have been waiting since 2nd of Sept. with several dates that never happened :weary: so I guess it time for me to have that “Honeycomb Bravo never arriving” Karma gone :slightly_smiling_face:Anyway it has half Europe to cross so it not yet safe for me to :partying_face: When did you order yours?

I ordered my Bravo on December 2nd, was supposed to arrive in early February. Now the dealer tells me it’ll be April. Sheeesh. Does anyone know where we can get an update on production? I think it would give me peace of mind if I could envision pallets of Bravos loading into trucks. :blush:

The Honeycomb website usually has some info but for your joy here is

a pic ( Honeycomb Twitter) of the first production waiting in Kowloon/HKG (sorry but my mind still operates with IATA and ICAO only in the sim) to be loaded in a plane/or several on their way to customers around the world :slightly_smiling_face: