Honeycomb Alpha&Bravo

Oh thats strange

1. Run MSFS
    When it loads double click double click AFC Bridge should just see a small loading circle icon.
  2. select your plane and depature…
  3. when in your plane turn on bsttery and/or avionics it should light up

I am clicking the download button…but unless it is going to a file I can’t find I don’t see it downloading anything. Any help?

Go to Honeycomb’s website and look under Downloads. There you should see a file to enable LED lights.

A few notes:

1. You may need uninstall and reinstall after every MSFS update.
  2. Some items in your Community folder may conflict with the software, preventing it from loading.

I figured it out after about 20 minutes :joy:

Ok… that’s going to take some serious getting to know but it was fun.

Now… is there ANYONE here who has both Alpha & Bravo that would be willing to do a couple flights with me? I get the just of it now. My first landing was soft but I had pulled up too high or re-engaged too much thrust so I lifted back off after touch down, but that will come with practice.

What I need help with are the few either bugs I encountered or my not knowing/not doing something right.

1: I watched several videos on it specifically but I could not figure out how to ascend/descend via VS or IAS/FL CHG hardly at all. The most I managed to descend was 1000 FPM even in IAS/FL CHG but it did not maintain my speed. I also want to note that the IAS light never came on despite my downloading the driver and “turning on” the bring thing and when I pressed IAS the FL CHG would flicker on then immediately back off as would the auto throttle light (787-10) so I’m thinking either something in the game or something I did is making those 2 possibly conflict with each other?

2: NAV seemed to work properly the first time I pressed it but once I selected HDG to play around before landing the NAV would no longer follow my flight plan, I had to use the heading back to airport til I got close enough for LOC to catch.

3: I don’t remember but is there a way to be able to adjust speed by single digits, like when using the in game in plane speed knob? 10s is ok but I’ve grown to like the single digits lol. Is there a way to get single digit increments in heading select? 10s is very bad. And last I am assuming there’s no way to select altitude by 100s rather then ONLY 1000s?

All in all I can see I just need a lot of practice landing, can honestly say it was fun as all get out and I am so glad I was able to get the hardware finally and I love it already, but I also need some serious help if anyone is feeling generous one day to “sit down” with me, no rush though.

It can be added to the exe.xml file to load automatically when you start FS in the same way as fsuipc. I’m not by my pc at the mo but can give full details later if you need them. In fact the light fix installer should add the entry for you but it does have some issues if the file is being used by other programs like fsuipc

I’m not at my pc anymore either. I’m off for the night. Like I said, I was not expecting anyone to “sit down” with me now, I know it’s late and/or people got life things to do! But also, I said a lot of things, so forgive me but which one(s) are you referring to?

Congratulations you got your HC first (and you hated me :rofl:) see my Bravo is sleeping in some warehouse on the way to my home, I’m receiving it Monday but at least I have got some time free to enjoy the good weather :sun_with_face:at my rooftop :slightly_smiling_face: this short video seems to be very good someone on this forum post it and i find it to be the best among all the videos I’ve seen. Enjoy your HC’s!!!

Oh thanks, you learn something new every day. Thats why I like these forums for helpful hints and tips.
My fsuipc did load automatically when I started MSFS then for some strange reason it stopped so I have to load it separately. Dont know why.

Oh thanks, you learn something new every day. Thats why I like these forums for helpful hints and tips.
My fsuipc did load automatically when I started MSFS then for some strange reason it stopped so I have to load it separately. Dont know why.

Well as I said the Aerosoft Light Fix installer for the Bravo is the culprit. It ‘should’ append to the exe.xml file but instead it overwrites it, knocking out the FSUIPC auto start, and the entry it does make is incomplete and doesn’t work. I’ve reported the issue to both the FSUIPC team (so they’re aware of it) and also Honeycomb.

Here’s what you need to do… find your EXE.XML file, on my system it’s here -

F:\WpSystem\S-1-5-21-2665525643-3084097000-3400751637-1003\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache

Open it with Notepad and check the content, chances are it only references AFC_Bridge. If that’s the case or it also has reference to FSUIPC you can safely overwrite it (i.e. create a new file) containing the following -

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>

<SimBase.Document Type=“Launch” version=“1,0”>Launch
EXE.xml
False
<Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>

<Launch.Addon>
False
False
FSUIPC7
**F:\FSUIPC7**FSUIPC7.exe
-auto
False
</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>
AFCBridge
False
**F:\FS2020**community\AFC_Bridge\bin\AFC_Bridge.exe
</Launch.Addon>

</SimBase.Document>

Obviously, the paths for your FSUIPC and AFC_Bridge locations should reflect your system

FSUIPC and the Bravo light fix will now be loaded automatically when FS starts

I’d advise making a copy of the file in case something else overwrites it

Hope that helps

1 Like

Thanks ever so much for your time, much appreciated

I wish this made sense to me as I would love to not have to do the bridge thing every time. But honestly Asobo needs to make the fix on their end so we don’t have to be doing this from the get go.

It’s nothing to do with Asobo… it’s the Honeycomb install script for the light fix that’s at fault

Ohhhh, so HC/Aerosoft need to fix it? But what’s the chances that ever happens? Lol

Are you implying that HC has to account for customers using third-party software such as FSUIPC? I don’t, and have no such problem with the Alpha or the Bravo.

Somneone needs to fix it is what I am saying. We should not have to buy the game then buy the aplha and bravo then use yet another system outside of either or both of these to get it to work. I dont understand how you could not agree with this lol. Either Asobo needs to make it so that the paripherals work seemlessly or HC needs to ensure that their product works seemlessly with the game of which we buy the stuff for…

2 Likes

Hey there,

I’ve got my Bravo on Wednesday and it looks stunning. Awesome choice of material and very good packaging. But I have one very big issue, i was wondering if anyone here could help.

When I go into the configuration at flight simulator 2020, and then to sensitivity, I can see every movement of every axis. But when I go into the configuration itself, no movement is sensed. I cant get new bindings and where the right axis were in default, it sensed no movement, except when I put it down to the lowest option (which is like press I button, I suppose). The same is happening in the simulator. Its not just one axis, all axis of the bravo didn’t work. I think this issue wasn’t from the beginning. At the first tests, it worked, but trying to change the configuration, every axis stopped working.

You might imagine how disappointing it is, to have such a great piece of technology lying around without any use…

1 Like

Unplug other devices. And see of the Bravo then works. Maybe the other devices interfere.

I’ve tried it this way, but no effect. I use the Alpha Yoke and the Trustmaster pedals aswell.