Honeycomb Alpha Clamps

You sir are a lifesaver and I owe you a virtual beer. Your hack worked like a charm. It took a bit of strength to fully unscrew the circular parts but it was definitely doable within a minute or so for all four.

It seems that they can pop out because their circular opening slightly bends, so it’s not a fully reversible hack as the parts can be put back in but they will now slide away if they’re tilted too much. I don’t care about that. I can still use them if I want to (ie. if I ever mount them on a less thick desk).

So without the circular thingies both the Alpha and the Bravo are now firmly mounted on my 5cm desk. As a matter of fact I didn’t even use the second clamp on the Bravo because the screw is so long that it interferes with the tall PC tower underneath the desk. I may try to replace with a shorter screw at some point. Again I don’t care much. I can now install both peripherals at will without the need of the relatively flimsy 3M suctions.

Thank you.

Excellent news! Pleased it worked out :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Glad I found this thread. Sadly, even when I remove the circular caps on the clamp screws, there is still not enough clearance to get them in place.

My desk is this one: Amazon.com

It’s deceptive - the actual desktop is only 3/4" thick, but underneath there is a steel frame that’s 1 1/2" back from the lip of the desktop, and it is just over 1 1/2" tall. So the bracket itself is stopped by that frame, and I cannot push it all the way to the front of the desktop.

My Bravo started falling off the desktop last night during a flight, because that sticky pad finally gave way. I have a tray table under it that caught it before it came off all the way, but it’s past time to solve this issue.

That said, has anyone seen any news on the XL brackets? I checked Honeycomb’s website but nothing is listed there about any larger brackets.

I suggest you reach out to Dave Jary Honeycomb Support and get an ETA for all of us. My wife’s arms get tired of holding it for me on flights over an hour. Lol

The XL clamps are released and can be ordered at flyhoneycomb.com

2 Likes

Sadly “Shipping to the U.S.A. & Canada Only”. The same for the dust covers, but oh well. Hopefully some day they’ll be able to ship worldwide.