Honeycomb Alpha issues

I just bought and connected alpha and bravo system. I did windows calibration. X IS IN CENTER when yoke is in neutral position. Issue
In game yoke is automatically at full left, even though my yoke is centered. I really need some help.

Have you installed the Honeycomb drivers?

There are no drivers for the Alpha. There is a driver for the Bravo to get the LED’s to function but as far as I know that’s all there is.

Are you seeing this same condition in other aircraft?

Have you moved the yoke to it’s full rotational limits once the plane loads. I have to do that with my rudder pedals or they forget how much axis they have and default to full left or right until I remind them of their axis length, so to speak.

1 Like

No. I will try.
I emailed honeycomb they want me delete default profile for alpha and assign all buttons and axis …
Another q
When I load a plane it starts with engine or engine running. I did set option to real but it still starts with engine running?

i do not believe it is the yoke. i did windows calib. and it stays centered. also in sim options, for aileron axis it stays centered.
yes it on all airplanes. i did try different USB same thing. I will try to program for my racing game as wheel and see if it truly the yoke.
i emailed honeycomb. they said to delete profile and create new. but you cannot delete default profile. so i created a new one. but still same result.
this is very frustrating. i spent so much money on this setup and its not working.

It could very well be a key bind issue. First of all you need to eliminate that possibility. Do you have any game controllers connected? If so make sure they aren’t interfering with the yoke. Also unbind any keyboard controls related to your yoke.

As far as loading up with the plane running that is due to engine start buttons, battery, generator etc. all being on when you click “Fly Now”. Make sure all the buttons are in the down position with the key start all the way to the left.

The main thing is with key bind conflicts. Here is an older video of how to do an initial setup of the Alpha and though it’s an older one it is still a pretty good start and should get you on your way, assuming you don’t actually have a hardware issue and I don’t think you do.

edit: Sorry, my bad. That video is for the Bravo. It’s 3 in the morning here and I didn’t have a good nights sleep. I still believe your problem is a key bind conflict.

Thanks. I will see if any key bind from keyboard are interfering. I di have my driving simulator wheel and pedals and shifter. But I have disconnected at the moment. I’m also connected directly to USB port on motherboard usb3.0

Fix it. Keyboard binding are all removed and fixed it.
Now I gotta figure out all buttons on bravo. Like de ice toggle or on and off. Stuff like that. I used to fly about 15 Yeats ago with Saitek x45 on flight sim 10 I think. And have 15 hours real world logged on Cessna 152. Can you talk to ATC instead of sim talking?

These are the guides recommended to me when I got started and they are great.

1. Create a new profile with the button mappings
  1. Fix the AP VS bug
  1. Build your engine profiles

As for ATC, you have a couple options.

1. Pilot2ATC - Voice activated (Talk back and forth) can also get real live ATC chatter which is frequency appropriate and plays in the background for realism.

2. VATSIM - Talk live / on-line with people (who have completed training) that work as the sim ATC.

i decided to fly this morning and same issue. yoke full left… this time i unplugged keyboard completely and still doing. on another forum , someone said i need to connect system via powered USB hub? but in honeycomb manual says to connect directly to motherboard USB. that is what i have done. currently in USB3.0
here is a short clip of issue

so, im back with same issue. i even uninstalled sim, and installed again, on brand new ssd. I even unplugged all peripherals but the mouse and keyboard. I assigned arrows left, right, up, down for ailerons and elevators.
as , soon as enter any airplane, yoke on sim goes full left aileron

I don’t think this has anything to do with hardware. I suspect 1. your mappings in the game are wrong or 2. you have some mapping conflicts.
Could you paste a screenshot of the controller mappings?

Also personally I have unmapped everything except the 2 axis, landing gear and flap levers. It was only causing problems (like different position in sim and on hardware) and not the reason I bought the yoke.

It looks correct. What about the sensitivity setting on the Alpha?

yes. looks correct but when i enter any airplane the airplane ailerons go full left. i just got it fixed. I removed the xbox pass version on my PC. I purchased the deluxe edition . and now it is good for now…

i dont understand. yesterday i fly for over 2 hours. no issues. just now i enter cessna and again. it goes full left

mine does something similar. I find that if i go to controls, then alpha, and inside MSFS controls, click on sensitivities, then move the elevator axis full in then out a few times, then do roll full left/ right and after releasing it, I find the roll issue is usually fixed. very annoying that I have to do this each time i fire it up, but does fix it. the other issue is sometimes if you start up a flight with engine running, the auto pilot for some reason is engaged, and you are fighting the autopilot.
see if those help

That’s crazy. This might sound dumb but id try hold the yoke in a full opposite lock while the flight loads and then see if has any effect once in the cockpit. Or plug the yoke in one you’re in the cockpit.

Make sure all is fine with just using the mouse to move the yoke, then connect the alpha and see what it does.