Honeycomb Alpha Yoke shaft wobble

Does anyone else have this with their Honeycomb yoke where the shaft has a slight wobble. I can’t remember whether this has always done this or is just time being paranoid something is wrong. Should the shaft be absolute solid and not have any play in it?

I feel like when using the yoke one handed that it’s slowly putting more pressure on whatever is inside and making it loose. More so than if it was always used 2 handed. The extra pressure it puts on while using one handed I can see how this could potentially make it loose.

Nothing to be concerned about, the shaft is not 100% rock solid and will have some wiggle room if you play with it…

I just double checked my shaft for you and it to wiggles when I move it side to side.

1 Like

Side question, what is mounted on top of your Alpha?

It’s my keyboard resting on top. Good to know it’s not just my shaft that’s wobbly :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
I wonder if this actually gets loose over time and would be good to know if this can be tightened up. I might open up the yoke to see.

Yeah, those looked like mechanical keyboard switch bases to me in the photo

I’ve got <100 hours on mine and have not had any issues. It has about 0.5mm play between the shaft and the smooth plastic collar. It has 1-3 mm play between the collar and the main honeycombed housing.

You can see the plastic collar moving on mine. I have around 1mm of play between the shaft and the plastic collar I would say. I pretty sure it didn’t have any play in it when new. I haven’t used it a huge amount but would be good to know how to tighten? I haven’t managed to find this online anywhere.

Does anyone how this is done?

I have about the same amount of wiggle as you do in yours. I don’t think it’s a problem.

I just tried mine and it is the same. I do not know but I suspect a real one would have some play so maybe it is realistic, not that Honeycomb planned it that way :grinning:

Yeah i have the same issue with my Yoke . It’s only slight but enough that you feell it when flying the sim . Has only started in the last while as well as if something has come lose .

I also have a little but of a loose shaft on my yoke but the round black piece where the shaft goes into is also loose. is there a way to fix that or has anyone opened the yoke before and knows if this piece is stuck with screws.

This feels really annoying during a flight because you just feel it hitting the plastic around the black piece.

I have a similar problem except that the part of the yoke you hold wobbles slightly in pitch and yaw where it is attached to the shaft. very annoying.

Has anyone come up with a solution to the wobble of the shaft yet. My alpha is now 2 years old so no longer under warranty. I’d be happy to take it apart myself if I knew how to start.

I just noticed last night that mine does this too. I have no problem where the shaft enters the unit but I do have back and forth play with the shaft enters the yoke itself. This unit is only about a year old.

Its easy to fix you just have to be patient and very careful not to do more harm than good by damaging electrics.
There is a guide to doing it on youtube or here
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjc3qKK0JiEAxXHhP0HHQNfA-wQFnoECBwQAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.reddit.com%2Fr%2FMicrosoftFlightSim%2Fcomments%2Frs7dsc%2Fhow_to_fix_loose_yoke_handle_on_honeycomb_alpha%2F&usg=AOvVaw1nFWUNd3EoO4-i3RYYBjYs&opi=89978449