Honeycomb Bravo Axis Ohs

So I finally figured out how to map the HTML auto pilot button from my bravo to the CJ4 mod. My problem now is I’m trying to bind my two +/- rotary know to my ap selector rotary knob.

I want to be able to select ALT/HDG/IAS (when in FLCH)/CRS and then use my +/- rotary knob on the other side of the bravo to either increase or decrease whatever I have selected on the other knob.

I’m trying to totally remove myself from having to use the mouse in the cockpit to manipulate the AP or FD.

Thanks you

I was actually wondering how that was going to work too. At this point, I am just hoping to actually finally receive my Bravo! Now I am going to keep an eye on this post because if/when I ever get it, I am sure I will have the same issue. Thanks for your post.

Bump

I really need help with this one

I am disappointed the WT CJ4 mod won’t allow AP mode selection except using the mouse in the cockpit. Would be great if BTQ could work with both mode selection and value +/-.

Here’s how I did it and it works.

First bind right knob inside simulator:
Minus for left and Plus for right

Then we bind ALT from left knob in Axis and Ohs:
First turn the knob to VS, then add new button assignement
Key down Event: ALTITUDE_BUG_SELECT
Then assign button/key for it, activate the scan for button, turn the left knob to ALT and it should recognize Button 20. Click Save.

Then do same for the rest.
VS: VSI_BUG_SELECT (Button 19)
HDG: HEADING_BUG_SELECT (Button 18)
IAS: AIRSPEED_BUG_SELECT (Button 16)

For course there doesn’t seem to be an event unfortunately.

1 Like

Have a look at this video. may give what you are looking for.

If it’s done like in the video there will be alt/hdg increment bug until Sim Update 3. Workaround is to bind selector knob (and all other always on buttons) in Axis and Ohs. Also WT CJ4 AP functions needs Axis and ohs to get to work.

Very many thanks for this. I am expecting delivery of my BTQ shortly. Also I fly the excellent WT cj4 almost inclusively. Your info will be of great help to an old timer like me who has little computer knowledge!

Is this a typo mistake? Should it not be ALT knob for Altidude event?

Yes, but when assigning you need to turn then knob to ALT position, so that’s why it should initially be in VS position. So when scanning the button you’ll turn it VS->ALT and it will pick up the correct button.

Ah yes I see. Funnily enough I thought about this shortly after I posted the question. Many thanks.

Hi,
Clearly I’ve done something wrong here; I bound plus/minus in the sim, bound the various mode selectors in axis and ohs, but whatever mode the selector is in dialing the plus/minus only acts on the altitude? Not sure what I’ve done wrong, any hints?

I’m assuming you’re talking about the autopilot buttons?

Did you bind the mode selector knob?