HONEYCOMB BRAVO Joystick #10 stopped working (reverse thruster)

Maybe someone can help? This has been mu go to set up for reverse thrust for some time now. All of a sudden Joystick Button # 10 (the right reverser on the throttle) stopped working in any aircraft. It wont even recognize it even when I delete and try to input again. I have a feeling its a hardware failure in the Bravo. I contacted Honeycomb but no answer in 3 days. Does anyone know what it could be?

Suspect its one of the tiny wires that connects the reverser.

From what I’ve seen on these forums as well as Youtube and Facebook Honeycomb support is less than stellar and even less responsive.

Interesting. My #2 throttle reverser (4th axis along - twin eng a/c) failed recently and I had bought my unit through a computer dealer. All thrust/reverser levers worked in all other axes so it wasn’t a lever problem. I isolated it to the unit itself, and thankfully the retailer replaced the unit. The +ve out of this is that I got to keep the original levers, so now have two full sets of both GA and Jets. (this gives me 3 throttles and 3 props for the Trislander so I’ve come out on top). But is does sound like a similar problem.

Did you placed the correct lever ?, there are two levers, there is one lever with engine two and three on it, you can rotate it. You have to place that one.

Well known weakness of the Bravo unfortunately, terrible customer service is also a well known issue. I suggest multiple contacts as well as on social media, failing that start a claim via your credit card (section 75 if your in the UK).

Hi @SenorCosta. I moved your post here to the #self-service:pc-hardware category and added a “honeycomb” tag to help with searchability. Good luck!

First thing I did when I got the PMDG 737 was watch this PMDG 737 CONFIG for the HONEYCOMB BRAVO TQ | Microsoft Flight Simulator - YouTube

My #10 button failed too. Hearing all the repair issues I decided to configure the throttle to engage reverse thrust when I pull the throttles past the idle detent.

I was going to buy the Bravo but after reading all the complaints about customer service on the WWW I decided against it. I am glad I made that decision.

I was in the same position and I bought a Turtle Beach Velocity one first, the quality was terrible (customer service was far from easy), ended up buying a Bravo and it’s streets ahead…. just hope it keeps working