Honeycomb Bravo LED lights now working

Are you running the Steam version or the Microsoft Store version?

Jim-SIm

Store version

Steam version.

Also my flight last night did end with CTD and AFC Bridge simmconnect error message. It’s the first time Ive had that since the Dec 22 update.

My understanding is that for some reason the steam version loads this automatically but for the store version you have to run the executable yourself. So that stands to reason.

Jim-Sim

For my flight today I went ahead and removed the Bridge folder from Community because msfs froze three times on me loading the flight with the Bridge error message in the background. That’s after I opened Bridge manually and default through Steam. Flight worked great without Bridge. So I’m not sure what changed on my end the past 36 hours but I will fly without the LEDs for now it seems.

1 Like

Do you need to run the bridge or just have it in your community folder?

I’m having the same issue as GiganticPWNr. Since updating the Bravo MSFS driver to 1002 I cannot run Flight Sim without it CTD with the fsimconnect has failed to calldispatch message. Tearing my hair out over this one so will delete the AFC Bridge folder in community and see what happens

Similar issues here. Steam version of FS2020, have the Alpha Yoke and Bravo quadrant. The following mods/add ons:

GNS530 Mod
Navigraph beta
RealSimGear (GNS530 driver)
Logitech Radio Panel app

Since adding the Bravo led app from Aerosoft this morning 12/29/20 it immediately stopped my RealSimGear plug-in from loading automatically. I then tried uninstalling the LED app and the sim then refused to load. CTD right after the “checking for updates” loading screen. Removing ALL community folder entries didn’t help, nor did reboots.

I then reinstalled the Bravo LED app from Aerosoft. The sim now loads, but I have no LEDs at all. I still have to manually run the RealSimGear app (which used to start automatically). I’m afraid to touch anything else as I don’t want to completely break the sim again. Not sure what the issue is, but there is one for me, wish I didn’t install the LED app in the first place!

Download the official driver from the Honeycomb website and it will work perfectly.

1 Like

No it doesn’t, I have downloaded the driver 1002 from Aerosoft in the first instance and installed it. That is when the problems began. Yes the lights work and the Alpha & Bravo yoke and throttle quadrants function and can be configured but almost every time the sim crashes before you can start a flight with the ‘simconnect has failed to calldispatch’ message. I am going to run some tests using my HOTAS set up and get back with results but am pretty sure it is the Honeycomb driver which has caused this issue.

1 Like

Same Problem here. AFCBridge error over and over again. Very frustrating.

1 Like

Did you download the driver from Honeycomb’s website?

Does anyone else get the AFC Bridge simconnect error if you have custom scenery installed in your Community folder?

Try install the new updated driver version 1002 with Admin rights. I read somewhere (aerosoft forum) that this installer places in MSFS a exe.xml file with the right path in it for the afc_bridge. (I dont now where, but maybe this path is protected?)
If the exe.file or the path is not correct the driver start not correct. I had once the simconnect error. But reinstall the driver fixes this. Also don’t use a addone installer or manager for this afc bridge files
Good luck :thinking:

Yes Aerosoft is the official Honeycomb partner in Europe. You will find their logo on the box.

That’s fine, I just wonder if the .exe file on Honeycomb’s website is an updated one from Aerosoft’s website. There is a text file included with Honeycomb’s download that explains the MSFS doesn’t need any further configuration and more features will be coming. Sorry you are having issues.

For anyone having the issue with the sim CTD, after removing the bridge and starting the flight and you CTD this is what I did to fix the issue.

I drug all folders from my community file out, including ASC bridge (deleted that one) to a temporary spot on my desktop.

went to control panel to joysticks etc, and found the throttle quadrant, right clicked and said remove device. That just uninstalls the driver i think, and didn’t mess with my setup.

unplugged the throttle, restarted my CPU, plugged it back in and reinstalled the drivers. I used a different USB port for some reason dont know if that matters.

drug the folders back into the community folder, and then restarted the CPU, and then started the sim. Worked for me, reset it, and no more bridge in there. the lights dont work, but i figure someone will update it soon enough to work.

hope this helps.

1 Like

Also as a heads up, the honeycomb drivers look to be exactly the same ones from aerosoft. Ill wait a week and see if they update it.

When I downloaded it, it seemed to be the same exact name in the file. Its gotta be an error with my PC or setup directly, it seems to work for some, but not for all. weird!

The IAS LED lasted less than 24 hours. The button function works okay but it no longer lights up when activated. Kind of irritating after waiting since July.