Honeycomb Bravo throttle stops at exactly 50%

Honeycomb Bravo throttles stop at exactly 50%. Both of them.
Prop and mixture levers all move to 100%.
All have the same sensitivity settings, and all have full range of motion in Windows Calibration Tool.

Reversing the control makes it jump TO 50% at the slightest advance.

Help?

I fixed it.
Seems it doesn’t like being calibrated, therefore hitting “default” in Windows repaired the issue.

Thanks, me, for all my help.

Out of interest did you map the throttle control to the left column or the right column in the config settings?

If an axis is mapped to the right column and then reversed it will double itself so it appears in both columns and then in game you get bugged behaviour. (It seems to create an inhibit to range of activation in game)

Physical throttle 0>25% = nothing in game.
Physical throttle 25%>75% = 0>100% in game
Physical throttle 75>100% = nothing in game.

There is also more than one throttle axis mapping option.

One will provide 1:1 operation (0>100% follows your actual throttle position) and the other is sort of a split throttle where +50% is the positive range 0>100% but -50% range of travel becomes the “beta range” which will operate reverse thrust etc.
I can’t remember which each is called. :-/

Nope. Turns out it was me; I calibrated the device using the “Calibrate Game Controllers” utility which cocks up the throttle/airbrake calibration completely no matter how you do it.
I had to “Reset To Default” in that program to fix it.

Ah, so it is configured out of the box with an alpha and a beta range on the throttle?.

Yes, I guess that would do it for sure…

Hmmmm. For some reason tonight, my prop axis 1 and 2 are only going to 50% Has been great until now. Only thing that I did was to calibrate the Bravo for FSX beforehand. Any ideas people?

Yes.
Don’t do that.
Don’t calibrate the Bravo. In fact, instead of running the calibration, select “Reset To Default.”
Fixed.

You’re welcome. =)

1 Like

I had this issue once without calibration. I just had to unplug and reconnect the Bravo. Just starting with the bravo, this effect is a really hard one because of the second possibility to choose the wrong axis setting.

I will try some of the things suggested when next at the PC. Suggestions of calibrating to just the default are great, but where, exactly? Is it within the sim, or within Win 10 itself? For me, I am convinced that I introduced the problem myself in attempting to calibrate from within FSX (it was obviously incorrect here) and I could do with an exact steer to the right place please. Thanks in advance,

Magic

In the Windows Search Bar, type “USB Game”
That should pull up, “Set up USB Game Controllers.”
Click that.
In the list, select the Bravo Throttle Quadrant.
Click “Properties.”
Click the “Settings” tab.
Click the “Reset To Default” button.

Donesies.

5 Likes

Brilliant! Thanks very much indeed!

It should 100% work. I’d like to know if it does. =)

Will do, tomorrow PM.

Yes, your guide was perfect. All fixed and my sincere thanks for your help. Everything works as advertised again, so now we go for the trauma of the updates :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was having the same issue setting the throttles on multi-engine aircraft. For some reason MSFS 2020 is set to work only on throttle lever #2, in other words, the right throttle lever works for all engines, even on the Boeing 747. I didn’t like that so I configured both of my Honeycomb Bravo throttle levers and I ended up getting the same behavior you mentioned in your topic, in the left lever, which I configured in the simulator to work on engines 1 and 2 and the right throttle lever for engines 3 and 4. I thought it was a calibration issue, so I went into the Devices and tried the calibration utility and that didn’t work. It turns out that setting the Calibrate to Default solved the problem.

It would be nice if MSFS 2020 had its own built-in calibration utility.

1 Like