Honeycomb Bravo Throttle trim: As bad as I think it is?

I just left mine to the ‘key assignment’ in MSFS and it works pretty good (for a digital). What exactly would be the benefit of another addon?

Note that you can also assign axes through FSUIPC, similar to Spad. If you already have that one, you dont have to buy a new one.

Pleased to hear it :slightly_smiling_face:

Setting in SPAD for the Bravo trim wheel

2 Likes

Thanks again.

Question: are there any settings in SPAD to change the increment based on the trim wheel rotation speed?

Usually I’m OK with trim… just wondering.

So each time you move the wheel, it ‘presses a button’: ie triggers a single event, which will be either to increment or decrement the elevator trim by a set amount. As you spin the wheel it triggers lots of these events, one after another. Now you can’t change that, but what you can change is the value by which it changes the trim for each event. So in the screenshot above, if in SPAD I edited the event to alter the value to 0.006, then the trim will change a lot faster. You just need to experiment to find what the right rate is for the given aircraft - 0.003 works well for fine trimming in a Kodiak.

There is a way of accelerating events so that when you start spinning a rotary dial it will get progressively faster, but you cant do that with a ‘button’. Thats a hardware limitation of the Bravo.

3 Likes

Actually, find SimHanger (SimHanger Flight Simulation - YouTube-https://www.youtube.com/@SimHangerFS) on YouTube, (mark) and search his videos for Bravo and Trim Wheel issues. He helped me with it when I had HC-Bravo. I found it cumbersome, too big for desk space and not as responsive as my CM-3 Virpil Throttle, binding a little two position button for trim. Works way better than spinning that wheel for countless times to get 1 degree of trim. Yes, TC-B is realistic, but had too many negatives versus the ease of the CM-3. I can mimic any and all things the bravo does, but I like turning on lights with mouse, and Bravo takes over all light actions and some AP as well.

1 Like

Actually - you can do that with a button… with math, if it’s available in something like SPAD.

For example:
Button presses / rate

1 per second / .003 per button press
2 per second / .006 per button press
3 per second / .012 per button press

and so on.

Ah well, that’s smart!

1 Like

Won’t uninstalling all the LG drivers prevent it being recognised in Windows?

No, they are still recognised as USB devices in Windows. It’s the Logitech plugin driver that you uninstall or don’t install at all if you are going to use SPAD.next as the driver.

OK.

Thnx for that. Will give it a go.

I use Axis and Ohs AND FSUIPC… and operate a variety of Saitek stuff from trim wheel to Autopilot panels … and streamdecks.

Often get issues. Gonna try stripping out all the LG drivers and start from scratch.

Cheers.

OTOH, the Saitek stuff has only been around for about 14 years.

Computers are hard. Let’s be patient, and let everyone work the bugs out…

I don’t like the axis trim wheel method because the large pitch movement after disengage autopilot.
instead, I use MobiFlight with free version FSUIPC7, I set 2 different percentage of trim movement, 1.5% for large and quick correction on my yoke buttons and 0.5% for the bravo trim wheel for fine correction.