Honeycomb disconnecting issues

I am the owner of a Honeycomb flight system consisting of the Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo. For a few weeks now, I have had the problem that the Alpha probably stops and or randomly suddenly executes key commands. Likewise, the FS completely stops working for me and does so regularly. The FS says goodbye without an error message and without a CtD. It simply stops with a screen freeze and no longer accepts any inputs. I had these symptoms yesterday and the day before yesterday 4-5 times with the Beechraft Bonanza etc. Is this problem known and are there solutions to fix it. To be honest, I am a little disappointed, as this is an expensive premium product. I am very grateful for your support and it would be nice if it could be fixed. Windows 11 64Bit, FS2020, all drivers are up to date by the way.

Hello @thydney19709200!

I moved your topic into Community Support > Hardware and Peripherals for community assistance.

The Bug Reporting Category is for creating reproducible bugs and by using the provided template :+1:

Try checking to see if and make sure the usb port doesn’t shut off when the computer try to sleep.

How did you decide it was the Honeycombs?

I have the same combo, and my Alpha used to disconnect at random until I bought a powered USB hub and connected both units through that one.

no problems for me, but both are USB straight into the motherboard. Not sure about hubs and connections for this sim…

i have these random disconnects with the honeycomb alpha/bravo combo only, hotas warthog system works without any issues. i also would like to mention that the honeycomb alpha/bravo combo is connected via a powered usb3-ICY hub.

Same. Losing the Bravo lights from afc_bridge periodically. I understand there is Better Bravo Lights available, and that people are reporting problems with it too, after Sim Update X. It seems like Honeycomb doesnt seem to care. Have they “ever” made a driver update?

As mentioned, go through your device manager and for all the USB hubs / hardware listed, right click each one, select properties, and power management. Ensure that none of them are set to be suspended / go to sleep.

Also, could be a USB hub power problem (overloaded). Grab yourself an externally powered USB hub. Solves allot of problems for allot of simmers.

As I can remember Honeycomb released 1 update last year once and that was it. Don’t understand the reason for such lazy update politics.

Okay well that is a problem, I have the pair connected to the same usb hub as my Thustmaster with no issues.

I’ve been having this problem since MSFS came out. Every single flight i get a random freeze, all my hardware controls reset to a default state until I move a lever on my Bravo a little bit. On some planes i.e the Quest Kodiak, I lose ignition after this happens. I’ve disabled all USB Selective Suspension settings, haven’t been able to figure it out.
I also have a Logitech x52 which does not produce the same result.

Thank you so much, my Honeycomb Bravo is not disconnecting any more by changing the properties of my USB ports. No need for an external power hub now.

1 Like

I’ve been using the Bravo for over 6 months without issues, about a week ago, the throttle quadrant starts disconnecting and immediately reconnecting at random. If it happens during flight it causes the plane to drop its gear (quite annoying). I checked in Device Manager that all USB devices cannot be turned off. Also, both Alpha and Bravo devices are connected directly to USB 3.0 ports on the motherboard. I also tried to connect the Bravo to a different port but the issue persists. Would appreciate any additional ideas in order to address this.

Same issue here!

Hi Jazz I’ve found a solution, its works for me. I shut down all my RGB ligths from my components, motherboard, GPU, memory, etc; and the problem with the Alpha and Bravo devices has gone. Hope it works for you to.