Honeycomb Yoke fault?

Hi everyone. Does anyone else’s Honeycomb Yoke do this? Note how I’m only imputing elevator axis but it jumps about on the aileron axis. I’ve lost count how many times I’ve recalibrated this thing both on the software side and also the hidden hardware recalibration method but there is always some movement or interference on that axis. Thanks.

Mine doesn’t though I used the Windows calibration screen to check. If you want to log as fault for your yoke then I suggest you use that instead of the MSFS one.

Thanks for checking. I have used the Windows one as well as other 3rd party axis viewing software and all show the same glitch.

Wouldn’t the addition of a small dead zone fix that? I have tiny dead zones set for all of my flight control axes.

Thanks for the suggestion. I currently have a 1% dead zone on both axis which I know is very small but I tried up to 10% and although not as noticeable the aileron axis still jumps / stutters when pushing in and out on the elevator axis. I though maybe it had something to do with the bungee cord design but if other people aren’t seeing it I’m concerned it could be a faulty potentiometer. One thing I have noticed is that it seems to quieten down and not be as bad after an hour or so of use almost like after the internals have warmed up a bit! It’s then back again on first use the next day.

To be fair you are slightly moving the yoke left and right as you push in and out, Have you also checked the cable between the yoke and the base part. Some cables are worse than others, as it moves alot in the socket could cause interference.

I see what you mean as that is inevitable but that would show as a very slight soft movement on the aileron axis, this jumps quite far across the axis in an erratic nature.
I did try another cable as you say because the connections are not always perfect. I also tried different USB ports and wiggling the cable were it connects to the yoke which does seem to have some sort of effect but doesn’t eradicate it completely. Maybe the USB C port itself is a bit faulty. Will keep testing, thanks.

1 Like