Horrible edges of lakes, water masks? etc - question

These edges of bodies of water. Are they done by AI or a human? Seems like a Friday afternoon job by the work experience kid done in photoshop. Click, click, click. Select. Delete. “That will do”.

Why do ASOBO think this is acceptable? It’s awful. This example is in Ghana, near Accra. I suppose they think “nobody will ever fly there, let’s not bother.” I mean it’s not even close!!!

1 Like

Asobo can’t check every single inch of the planet at least not in a short space of time. It’s easy to fix those dark areas just need water adding to them to cover them over.
I believe it is done by ai to answer your question.

I’m guessing those are do to water masking coming from satellite imagery, like that around the coast of Oahu as well but it’s seamless in some parts and many places in the Caribbean. For now I’d much rather have water masking and these aberrations here and there than no water masking at all. Hopefully some day it will all be fixed. Will likely be quite some time however.

This isn’t water masking if you go close your see it is because water is missing completely just leaves a horrible matte look finish. You also see in other places the water overlaps the ground where it shouldn’t.

If it’s done by AI, then I can forgive it! :slight_smile:

You would really moan if there were multiple overlays on edges of landing strips.
Thank your lucky stars the coastal swamp is not where you’ve got to land.

It does ■■■■, but as far as i can tell, it rears its gnarly head when reflectivity and sunlight is applied
Cant have your cake and eat it too i guess, if reflections were off thatd look bad…
I do recall release week not being as bad - like that friggen horizon line thats ever present
Edit: the word suqq was auto edited. :rofl:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.