HOTAS WARTHOG - Joystick not recognized

No problem with the throttle but it doesn’t recognize the joystick.
I reinstalled the latest drivers and updated the firmware but nothing…
any idea about how to solve?

Hmmmm. Both my Warthog stick/throttle were recognized without problem. Because I have several other things attached, my throttle was hidden behind the screen, and I have to arrow over to see it. But other than that, both were recognized at startup. Sorry to hear you’ve got a problem. I’ll look around, too, and see if I can find anything else that could cause that problem. Regards

Welcome! Does it not show up at all when you go to the MSFS Controls setup screen? Check to see if there are any unrecognized devices. Sometimes a device is recognized but doesn’t have any default bindings - different problem. If it isn’t getting picked up at all in Controls setup, that’s a different issue. Others may be able to help more. Was this a Steam install?

I know it sounds spectacularly unhelpful, but rebooting sometimes helps with problems like this. Rick

I installed yesterday flight sim 2020 .Already rebooted several times, just one time it appeared but then nothing again.
In the control panel of the PC the divice is ok and respond correctly then i press buttons and move the stick, tried also to change to a different usb port.

Update:
I figured out that is not a problem related to hotas devices. I removed everything adding one device at a time, starting from hotas. it’s ok till I arrive to add more than 12 devices (keyboard and mouse included), after that it’s not possible to add more devices… or at least it seems so.
Does anyone can confirm this limit?
I’ve got:
11 leo bodnar boards
hotas throttle and joy
saitek rudder pedals

I was having this problem too. Ended up unplugging both the throttle and stick, then plugging in the stick first, waiting for the game to detect it (it froze for a bit beforehand). Then I plugged in the throttle and waited. that seemed to fix it. My rudder pedals seem to always be happy though.

I have more than 10 connected peripherals (sticks, throttles, panels, etc.) and some of them aren’t being recognized. Had to resort to vJoy/joystick gremlin to create a virtual device for non-recognized peripherals (Winwing throttle panel, Virpil MT50CM2 joystick base, MFG rudder) and map them that way. Some of these worked fine in alpha/beta but not in the released version.

I too am in this category. I unplugged my virpil pedals and the HOTAS set up. Currently have only plugged in my joystick. It clearly shows up in windows, but not in game.

The latest drivers seem to be dated 2018.

Thoughts per latest update?

Matt

I connect the stick as suggested and there is a reassuring beep however, I can wait forever and the hotas warthog stick never appears in the flight sim controls panel. I only downloaded the app from the microsoft store a couple of days ago and it’s the premium delux so not cheap. Can someone at microsoft look into this?