HOTFIX Flight Dynamics

Bjr, Hi,
Before modifying my “Flight_model.cfg”, from C208, I had made a copy; So I just have to put the original file back?
Correct?
Because as it says [HOTFIX] Flight Dynamics Bug, I had deleted the folder, but the update did not replace it.
Or I didn’t understand everything, it’s possible.

Update won’t restore it (that update from Windows Store/Steam). You need to run MSFS and built-in update system will download missing aircrafts.

I understand all of this, but launching MSFS did not replace the file. No problem, I put it back in place with the basic data, and everything is fine.

Yes, because update doesn’t alter that file. Fix is probably applied to the core systems (in the source code) that they told everyone to delete previously altered aircraft folders. If you delete folder then update should download it, but if you have a backup file I think it will be enough to just overwrite altered file with backup.

1 Like

After SU3 I applied the temporary workaround found on flightsim.to (I forget the name right now), which only involved placing it in the Community folder.

I guess all I have to do is remove that again and apply the hotfix?

1 Like

Yes, that’s as I understand it.

I never applied any workaround fixes, and only flew modded aircraft with the 172SP the only exception. So I didn’t need to touch any of the planes.

If you had hand edited the “flight_model.cfg” file, all you would need to do is revert that change back to default.

I think the MSFS advice of deleting the plane, and force a redownload is really just a safety net for people that may not know what they are doing, and could break something.

Forcing a re-download neatly gets around that, although it has clearly led to a lot of questions anyway.

if it could be useful,
in my case (game downloaded from steam)
it was enough to modify the Flight_model.cfg and restore the original values:

Everything looks fine
Experience great landings with:
A320
Grand Caravan
TBM 930
Longitude

The last two are Delux version airplanes that do not have the Flight.model.cfg file

Everything looks fine
Let them know

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.