Hotfix - Game knows there is an update, Microsoft store doesnt

finally succeeded, I followed the MFS tuto nothing to do since this morning.
I finally found the solution very simple and fast, 2 mn…
go to setting app and delete the MFS app and then go to store and launch the installation, it will download 1.11 GB I think and, magic version 1.18.15
after the launch, it wants to install the complete game, you change the default installation directory and you indicate the folder of initial installation, and hop no download and the game is launched

Same for me!

Doesn’t work, if MSFS is installed on any drive, but C:

Hi, sorry then, my mfs is installed on C:MFS2020, and it worked fine for me, maybe I misspoke about what to do.

I tried the solution based on XBOX App, it does show an update but when I click it doesn’t start the download.

After starting the MSFS it gave a box about a mandatory update. Clicking Ok, it went to the store immediately… but nothing started. Then I went into the store and clicked on Microsoft Flight simulator. Then it started the download. Not sure if it was just a wait (coincidence) or clicking on Microsoft Flight Simulator did the trick. It downloaded 472MB, then I clicked on “PLAY”, which started the sim. No more updates, 18.15.0 now

I have no Hotfix anywhere. I installed the XBox App… didn’t show a Hotfix. Not in store, not anywhere.

Similar problem here to others… no update, not even after trying every trick in this thread (apart from reinstalling). Rather frustrating!

1 Like

If you bought the sim via MS Store you most likely remember when MS Store knew there was an update for MSFS 2020 and automatically downloaded it. This stopped with SU5. Now you’ll have to manually click once with your mouse on the game within MS Store and then glance up to the upper-right corner to see if that started the download of the update (it should do - just click on the download icon to see what it’s doing).

This worked for me with both SU5 and both hotfixes since.

2 Likes

OK mine had already updated itself somehow, so I do have the Update, I just didn’t have to do anything.

If you don’t have the update, or don’t see the update, please check the version number in MSFS to be sure. You may not notice this hotfix, you get only 472MB… so it is a very quick download. After the SU5 Hotfix2, it is 1.18.15.0, before it was 1.18.14.0.

I Have the same issue also.

I have this for months with every update.

I dont have time to be a part time IT technician just be able to play a videogame.

All other PC games (which I have on Steam) and Xbox games just update automatically in the background without me doing anything. Including MSFS on xbox. On Xbox, MSFS actually updated overnight while the console was tuned to standby.

I have no idea why they don’t do the update process like MSFS on the Xbox and other PC games.

1 Like

Same, no update in MS Store or Xbox app, logged out/in, reset PC, still on 1.18.14.

Lots of people seem to have the hofix however it’s still not showing up on my Microsoft store. Anybody have an idea why?

Thanks,

never showed up on mine either, but I know it installed as the dependency package installer appeared for an instant only, before opening the program. The current version is shown at your user name (top RH corner of screen), at least in the MS store version.

Check your game version. If it says 1,18,15,0, then you already have it and likely it auto-updated in the background and you weren’t aware.

1 Like

Start MSFS first. Let MSFS start the Store app… then in the store app, click on MSFS. Download starts. That’s how I installed Hotfix 2, about 13 hours ago (NL, Europe)

Download & Installation issues: Windows Store troubleshooting – Microsoft Flight Simulator Support (zendesk.com)

Hello,

When I launch the sim I keep getting a message saying “A new mandatory update is available. Please update Microsoft Flight Simulator in the Microsoft Store before launching”. So I click OK and it takes me to the Microsoft Store. But, there’s no update there for me to get. My “Download and updates” page is totally current. Point 1: I did get the mandatory Sim 5 update about a week ago. Point 2: my community folder is empty. Can anyone help?

Regards,

Jaime