Hotfix the flaps bug now, not in sim update 3

Fabulous approach… just fix yourself and do workarounds as always. I always looked on the bright side, but this attitude is annoying. Yeah, this update wasn’t for flight mechanism, so fellow simmers take your eye candy at please be quiet! :neutral_face: If I mess up something in my workplace can I say next time “I wasn’t intended to come in today at all actually?!”
ps: I wonder the “quality teams” how do they execute landings if they haven’t notice this

1 Like

Simulating the world and a legion of aircraft and unlimited addons is an impossible task. There will always be bugs. Some people have unreasonable expectations.

It makes sense to wait until the next release just 2-3 weeks away. Even if they decided to hotfix it they would have to go through the developer fix/qa/deployment phase which may be half the Time until the next release.

1 Like

not all aircraft in the \Official\OneStore folder have a flight_model.cfg file in their respective \SimObjects\Airplanes folder. anybody knows how to deal with those?

I assume the C172 variants (without G1000) use the same flight model and are referencing it somehow off the G1000 version flight_model.cfg - same goes for similar variants of other aircraft model variants, I assume.

@KKbelos ot all aircraft in the \Official\OneStore folder have a flight_model.cfg file in their respective \SimObjects\Airplanes folder. anybody knows how to deal with those?

I assume the C172 variants (without G1000) use the same flight model and are referencing it somehow off the G1000 version flight_model.cfg - same goes for similar variants of other aircraft model variants, I assume.

@Jummivana
please can you provide detailed explanations for all aircraft for people who want to modify the flight_model.cfg ?

1 Like

The sim wasn’t announced as an “unreasonable expectation”. But as a working one. If you want to minimize the bugs, you have to make a beta stage. But this way of release, break and wait, is an unreasonable way of development.

9 Likes

Anybody tried this with the C208 already? I still have the feeling that more has changed. I reduced the flaps lift coefficient, but it still doesn’t feel as before this bug was introduced.

The release pipeline / devops / versioning sounds pretty terrible if not releasing a hotfix is the better option in this case.

Please Asobo, get this sorted.

3 Likes

The premium aircraft are locked, so that won’t work for them either.

1 Like

The mod contains a change from 1.9 to 0.6 even, so less than a third:

Maybe give that a try (or use the updated mod anyways ;))

1 Like

Thx, was just looking for that one!

1 Like

No no no. Hotfix it ASAP. Don’t leave us with a broken sim for a month. Come on.

4 Likes

Asobo:

Please don’t make us wait until March to have a workable sim. Physics is the most important part of any sim, and now the sim is broken due to the flaps issue. You know what the issue is and how it can be corrected.

In the meantime, I will sadly not be using the sim.

Please reconsider having us wait for the Sim Update in March. Do the right thing for your customers.

Respectfully,
John

27 Likes

I believe waiting for the next Update is a big mistake, not everyone is comfortable editing files no matter how easy it may seem to some of us.

It’s quite clear a Hotfix is needed to rectify - yet another - Major Bug, if the Sim Update gets delayed it will not go down well at all.

6 Likes

It isn’t gonna happen. We already got a polite “deal with it or fix it yourself” statement. They’re not fixing it till next update.

2 Likes

you can easily adjust some setting to get it right but yes a hotfix is whats really needed.
i guess ms doesnt want it…

Hotfix might break something.

We better wait for simupdate3 imo

1 Like

I wouldn’t hold your breath… Sadly, I’m going back to FSX and DCS for another month. I gave up on IFR with MSFS2020 and thought I’d do cross country VFR flights but it’s been a bust so far. I think they said no more hot fix’s after the last debacle.

1 Like

“In the meantime, a workaround is to go into the flight_model.cfg and divide the flap lift by 2x (there are several possible scalars for that purpose: lift_coef_flaps or lift_scalar).”
And how do we do with planes with no .cfg files ?
Can you plug your neurons from time to time ?

4 Likes

One more reason to vote this thread:

Please do so. There is more and more proof that being able to mod aircraft is crucial to their usability.

13 Likes

If it’s not one problem it’s another.

I’m afraid i’ve quit the sim too until the heading bug at least is fixed. Kind of relieved to not be experiencing the frustration with the sim for a change.