Hotfix the flaps bug now, not in sim update 3

Done. (posts must have at least 10 characters so I add they are absolute dummies)

1 Like

This is completely unacceptable.

You made a mistake…and communicated about it. Thank-you.

You identified the problem INCLUDING HOW TO FIX IT.

What in the world is there to test?

The spikes were supposed to quickly changed, but we had to wait months for it. Meanwhile community members released a fix.

While it may be convenient for the developers to not release it, YOU BROKE IT.

I buy a shower and the plumber comes to install it. It works at first but there’s a minor problem. The plumber comes out and fixes one part of it, but causes another problem. Who would accept being told that they need to wait for weeks when the replacement part is right in the service truck outside.

Then you’re handed the replacement part and told that you can try to fix it yourself, but you can only access parts of the shower because the plumber locked parts off.

I would echo the importance of unlocking premium aircraft as well that others have mentioned.

17 Likes

It’s crazy, really crazy. Let us have an open beta build and a release build! Open beta we accept big bugs/issues etc. Release build more stable but no issues like this with the flaps. For the love of god Asobo. How did it get past testing or didn’t they care and release anyway just to hit the release date (after delays).

3 Likes

Has anyone tried the proposed tweak? Does it work?

Ahh and to think that I was hoping that a brand new platform would get rid of the endless tweaking of the other sims

While an avid supporter of Asobo and what they’ve done with this sim, the decision to not release a hot fix for this is probably the first thing I am in full disagreement with.

Being a program with thousands of users, it is unacceptable to tell them (many of them inexperienced with any sort of coding), tweak some files to sort of fix the issue. This is a slippery slope to causing even more issues for users.

Not to mention, you can’t adjust the cfg’s for premium aircraft.

@Jummivana while I appreciate the post you made in the other thread, and I’m sure you were directed by higher-ups to provide that statement and temporary solution, I urge you to make the team aware that they are going about this in the completely wrong way. A hot fix needs to be issued otherwise the community will lose a lot of faith in the team.

18 Likes

Agreed 100%. This Asobo team has clearly taken on wayyyy more than they can chew.

Please please PLEASE release at hotfix. It’s insane to expect users to go into each config file, especially with the vague instructions that several of us had to work with the Working Title devs in discord to figure out what lines to even edit. This is silly and reeks of ameatur hour over there at Asobo. 2 months to release this patch and still using the weak excuse of “sorry missed in testing” … big yikes.

9 Likes

Can our @moderators combine this into the other thread that is an actual voting thread?

No need to vote. Users and Asobo know there is a sim breaking bug and how it can be fixed by Asobo. The question is whether we’ll need to wait until March to have a workable sim.

2 Likes

The fix? It will take maybe a week to fix/test/deploy a fix. The next update is due in just over a couple of weeks so makes sense to wait.

Just apply the workaround they gave in the meantime.

There’s no question about it. We’ve already been told to deal with it until the next update.

Its funny, when they said in the Q&A that they had fixed the Honeycomb Bravo’s 100/1000 issue but we had to wait until Sim Update 3 (ie 6-8 weeks) when I said it was ridiculous to have to wait that long for a fix that was ready, I was told i was ungrateful…

I’m glad more people are finding this kind of thing a bit more unacceptable now

2 Likes

I thought the developers slowed their release schedule to help prevent these kind of issues. Clearly, it’s not working and we’re in a worse situation. I’d rather them release patches as things are fixed and tested than have to wait several weeks. Show stopping bugs are getting through anyway, so might as well increase the cadence.

6 Likes

Taken care off. This is now a voteable topic

2 Likes

And again, that’s why I said in a previous thread, having release deadlines is a complete nonesense, let developers release broken updates to just satisfy the target date. I said that, and the community said no, this is a good thing we have deadlines. Now deal with it, deal with broken updates, almost from the start of this sim, broken updates have been a norm.
The community should demand a change for this, first slower updates, let’s say every few months, not very month. Second an open beta release. Third the hotfix releases.
This doesn’t work like this any longer

1 Like

Oh OK I’ll apply it to the premium aircraft, oh wait, I can’t.

If they already know how to apply the fix, why could they not give us the files to replace ourselves?

Oh wait, a hotfix would do the same thing.

4 Likes

This isn’t acceptable given we’re being told to fix it ouselves.

Sand, meet line being drawn.

1 Like

This is a GREAT idea much like the FBW team does.

Not much we can do about it. Luckily, a few of the mods I use have baked these fixes into the planes already. Sadly, there’s nothing that can be done about the C172 Classic which I fly most.

And we’re boned or 3rd party planes.

If they make bigger patches that are released after several months what about bugs that appear (and they will, some minor some huge)? You want to wait 3 months?? They need to release smaller patches at a two week rate until most critical bugs are fixed, then move to a two/three month schedule.

1 Like