Hotfixes incorporated ASAP for certain important fixes

After watching Asobo stream yesterday, your team admitted that they need to rethink how updates and update times are incorporated. Please concider adding hotfixes ASAP “as needed” for important aspects of fixes out of scheduled updates for basic functions of game. For example, “VFR Nav map” crash to desktop and missing control “sensitivity” sliders should be incorporated ASAP when fixed and not waiting for a scheduled updates. I personally think they come close to functionality of using the flight sim and not a “would be nice to have fixed” bug. Last night, I accidently hit “V” key when trying to hit the “B” key and experienced instant CTD. Nothing more frustrating when a bug is introduced from a new patch that brakes the game just hitting the wrong key. I know its a slippery slope of what is concidered so highly important that it needs a hotfix.

Would it be so much better if Asabo when make a fix and update it to the game quickly day by day?

Id rather the opposite to be honest, rather wait and have properly tested updates.
Think part of the issue is that they have been releasing updates to regularly would be less hassle for asobo as well instead of getting constant issue’s popping up after each patch.

3 Likes

release a beta channel where people opt into the public beta…if there are no major issues, asobo go into release and everyone else gets it…if you do have issues, you roll back to stable

every addon package has a version, so tracking what versions of what packages are part of what release should be easy…a roll back would check the installed package versions against the sim version and delete anything that is higher than sim version and download the applicable one…

1 Like

They are already planning to have a beta release before updates in the future for the reason you say.

Releases takes time to prepare, and the more frequent you make releases the less effective the testing becomes. So essentially even though you get more frequent updates you get less fixes for the same effort so in the end you end up waiting longer.

Yes i know its frustrating, but increasing releases i do not think will help. Even at the pace they come now there really aren’t that many things in each release and having several releases in a month i think is already quite a fast pace.

1 Like

Bumping this because the latest update seems to have a few kinks that seem to impact user experience but should be fairly easy to revert (like TBM flight model).

Please don’t keep us waiting until the next planned updates!!!

Its not always that simple and easy unfortunately.

I’m sure not always, but I’m sure it is often.

As of this posting, the development team has introduced their third Flight Simulator hotfix since release. The developers do listen to feedback from the community, and as the team have demonstrated their commitment to introducing hotfixes for various issues, this topic is being closed and put in the Resolved Bugs section.