Hovering plane at London City!

When landing at London City I noticed a plane taxiing to the gates, but it was maybe 10 metres off the ground. I turned into the parking area and there it was, picture attached. It disappeared when I got closer! Uh?

Do you have the/a custom scenery for EGLC? This can sometimes happen if airport elevation differs between the airport scenery versions. Iā€™ve seen it a lot on group flights.

3 Likes

also possible is, in case it was a user , these is a helicopter ā€¦

I seen same and at ā€œusers call signā€ I seen its a H135. I thought it happend because I not had the H135 mod installed for a short time. ( MSFS2020 - DC-6 - EDDH to EDDN - VOR only ( Hamburg - NĆ¼rnberg ) - YouTube )

2 Likes

Thatā€™s true. Although all the helicopters I have seen tend to be a Bonanza model, not a TBM.

2 Likes

No I donā€™t have any custom scenery, unless you count egss Stansted Airport and a-puf-we-love-vfr-region1 (and region2)

1 Like

Iā€™ve actually noticed this a lot lately, and it doesnā€™t matter whether it is at a 3rd party airport or a default oneā€¦

2 Likes

At least planes flyā€¦ But what about cars? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Wichita by any chance? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Probably. I walked over there. But I canā€™t be 100% sure that this is the place.

But the other user might :wink:

Iā€™ve recently flown into London City with the H145 helicopter. I understand other users see helicopters as aircraft that are in their collection. If itā€™s hovering, probably a helo disguised as a plane you have installed.

1 Like

Hello,
I have moved this into Community Support > Airports. If it is determined that this is a bug and not caused by a mod, I strongly suggest going to Bug Reports > Airports and logging a bug there.

3 things it could be from what Iā€™ve experienced previously.

1 - Custom scenery being used by you or the other aircraft.

2 - They are in a helicopter or something that has VTOL like the F-35.

3 - They are using Slew mode.

2 Likes

There are a lot of custom airports for London City. If this person has a custom airport installed and the elevation of that airport is slightly different (higher in this case), then this will happen.

Itā€™s not a bug. This is just bound to happen with people with different scenery.

1 Like

Hiā€¦ I took that screenshot a few months ago. I donā€™t remember which airport.
Either way my post was not a complaint. Just to de-dramatize by providing a quota of humor.
I understand that the simulator is a very complex piece of software and it will gradually improve.

3 Likes

Bug Report started here EGLC

2 Likes

No problem! Iā€™d still like to see it fixed if it is a bug somewhere!

2 Likes

When looking through my FLSIM ā€˜Officialā€™ folder I noticed a folder ā€˜orbx-landmarks-london-city-packā€™. Iā€™m surprised it was in the ā€˜Officialā€™ folder and it didnā€™t appear (in the sim) to be installed, so I removed the folder. I wondered if this caused the ā€˜hoveringā€™ problem but maybe not as it was (if I remember) a free pack of some London buildings. I then flew through London along the river and all was OK so nothing broke.