How about this cooling setup

How about this cooling setup in cold climates! Pic was off a FB page :joy:

1 Like

Hope thereā€™s a dust cover / filter on that A/C intake :wink:

Must be doing some SERIOUS overclockingā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m trying to understand this picture.

So the PC is taking air from outside as an intake? Then blow the hot hair out and split to the same ā€œoutsideā€ and into the overhead ventilation pipe?

If itā€™s summer and the air outside is 35 degrees, isnā€™t that defeating the purpose of cooling?

No, the intake is in back at the top and drawing directly from the homes Central Air / Air Conditioner duct and venting out the bottom back and front to outside.

Iā€™m not a thermodynamics expertā€¦ but an intake from the top-rear and blowing to the front and bottom seems like a poor design choice.

From the photo, I donā€™t think they are a thermal design engineer either.

:slight_smile:

If I were them, the intake from the aircon duct would be routed to the front of the case, splitting the cold air over the GPU and CPU, and blow the hot air through the top and bottom rear to the outside.

But blowing air at such a low temperature needs to have a dehumidifier operational inside the case, because you donā€™t want water vapour that goes through the cold air intake to stick and condensate as water droplets inside the PC components.

BTW: I did something similar to my studio computer. Had the cold air duct ported directly into the back of the PC Box. Worked great

i was just gonna say isnā€™t it suppose to be front = intake everything else is exhaust?

Water cooling with an external radiator would probably be cheaper, apart from the smaller space requirement. :joy: