How about wingsuits

Although gliders only work rudimentarily at the moment, gravity seems to work fine in MSFS :slight_smile:

Yesterday I was hiking in the mountains and saw a ramp that was mainly used by paragliders and my companion said, that it would be an awesome starting point for a wingsuit.

So I got to thinking it should be possible to create a wingssuit for MSFS. I mean jumping down a wall in in Italy, Norway, Yosemite, Rio de Janeiro or Switzerland would be great. And it’s completely different from sailplanes or switching off the engine in an aircraft.

Who’s with me on that?

Voted… seems fun to try that suit :laughing:

Nice, but not new idea - prototype already made. For such small aircraft it really hard to reach stability - it can fly like a leaf, or like a brick. Other problems - chute simulation/animation is must have, body interaction with ground, camera acts wild when “aircraft” stands vertically and so on.
Jetwing currently in development, maybe most of the issues will be solved and we will be able to proceed to wingsuit. But hang glider is higher in the list though.

2 Likes

What a rush it would be to shoot down the side of a mountain in VR! I’d take a prototype which wasnt that accurately modelled just for the buzz factor

2 Likes

Paramotors would be awesome too!

1 Like

Yeah chute is only one issue… how to do the controls ? for this wingsuit you’ll need a different flight model, no rudder, no flaps… but you’ll need accurate aeleron, very subtle moves… independent wings, left and right elevator… And… it would be handy, if there was some upward airflow underways.

chute flight model will be premium jetwing feature

Don’t double post please