How can I delete content from the content manager?

I am interested how one can delete content from the content manager that was once installed and avoid it reappearing as “not installed”. Example: I had the Seafront Simulations Vessels Core installed and since I am now using the great add-on GAIST Ultra v3 I uninstalled the Seafront Vessels Core add-on.

Now it appears as “not installed” within the content manager every time I start the sim and I want to avoid that I would download it unwillingly when multi-selecting future downloads. Any option for that?

Thanks in advance!

Hello there,
We ask that all members not use General Discussion for help, troubleshooting, bug reports, or advice questions. Your topic has been moved to Community Support.

Hello,
If you bought it from the Marketplace, it will always have an entry and it will exist in one of three states:

• Installed: The product is fully installed
  • Partially installed: Only shows up when you have a bundle and some components of the bundle are installed and some are not. In these circumstances, you can click the blue bar on the right and see what is installed and not
  • Not Inallled: The product has been removed. The entry is still there because the system knows you bought it from the Marketplace, but it won’t return. You can reinstall it in the future by coming back to this entry and clicking the “Install” option, but it won’t do that on its own.

So in other words, you will continue to see that entry but it should not reinstall itself.

3 Likes

So in the future, for example let’s say, there is another world update and other updates available. And I select all of them, does the content manager not automatically select the add-ons that I don’t want anymore (in my case Seafront Vessels Core) and reinstalls them?

If it’s not installed, you should not receive any notifications about any updates until/unless you reinstall it again. (And if you did reinstall it, it would bring you up to the most current version and take care of any updates at that point.)

1 Like

I have a more basic question: Why do a few (but not all) the 3rd Party mods I’ve installed into my Community folder show up as ‘Not Installed’ with no option to install them?

As an example, I own the Toag Alouette III. It shows up in Content Manager as ‘Not Installed’ and lists ‘Community,’ but I can’t do anything with it. It’s not a huge deal, since the helicopter is available in my hanger. It’s more an annoyance. I also don’t know if it might create some sort of ‘weirdness’ to have it show up in CM.

I have the same problem as BegottenPoet228, a number of mods are with the status “waiting” (for a number of days now) and there are no “Delete” or “Install” buttons when one select an item.
It is quite bothersome