How can I launch a custom executable file when Flight Simulator is loading by using WASM or something else?(like FSUIPC or GSX Pro)

Because of limitation of WASM, I must using a custom executable with SimConnect API.
Once the MSFS is launched and loading, like FSUIPC or GSX, automatically launch by MSFS by using WASM or something else?
I can’t using Windows API in WASM, so I don;t know how to code that function in project.
Request for helping,
Thanks!

Addons Linker can launch external apps when you start FS. Or a simple Batch file as icon on desktop perhaps?

Do you mean MSFS Addons Linker?
I think that using 3rd party software in the final product which will exported to users is not the best solution here, I still want to know how the FSUIPC make it.

Yes I meant MSFS Addons Linker.
What about the exe.xml file in the root of installation? That works for me to load other supporting applications. Just add a section and point it to the executable you want to load.

You mention FSUIPC which can be launched by MSFS. FSUIPC can then be used to launch other programs. The FSUIPC.cfg is edited (with NotePad) to add the necessary commands. Make sure it is not saved as FSUIPC.cfg.txt !!
Here is a sample of the section in my file

[Programs]
// Run1=MIN,CLOSE,“G:\Little Navmap\littlenavmap.exe”
Run2=MIN,CLOSE,“G:\FS2020\Community\flybywire-externaltools-simbridge\fbw-simbridge.exe”
Run3=MIN,CLOSE,“G:\AviaServer\aviaServer.exe”
Run4=DELAY=30,MIN,CLOSE,“G:\FS2020\Community\fsltl-traffic-injector\fsltl-trafficinjector.exe”
Delay=30

Each ‘Runx’ statement is a separate program and there are parameters to control start delays, start minimised, and whether a program is closed automatically. The ‘//’ is used for comments - so LittleNavMap is not started by me in this example.

Trevor

You can add any .exe file to the exe.xml in the MSFS directory

This is also the way that couatl (GSX), VDGS, Fenix, etc. are stsrting with the sim.

Thanks for your solution.
I forgot to check exe.xml in AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator.
And now I know how to deal with it.
Thanks a lot!!

1 Like

Thanks for your solution, also.
I found it in AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator which folder I forgot to check, and now I know,
and thanks for your helping!!!

1 Like

If I understand correctly, you are describing a startup script. Here is an “inverse-logic” answer.

Start MSFS from a script along with your other apps. There is a developer startup executable in the MSFS installation.

HTH