How do I "adjust" the terrain at KSEA

The runways I6R and 16C (and 34L and 34C) are not level, making landings difficult or impossible.
Is there a setting in MSFS to fix that?
Thanks in advance.

1 Like

If you use the forum search for KSEA you will find many threads about this airport. The only people who can fix that are either the original airport designers along with a sim update, or a third party airport that would replace it.

I’m not aware of a payware third party KSEA, but flightsim.to does have a couple of addons to add enhancements to it, but I didn’t see any evidence of flattening the terrain and/or runways.

There’s also an ok pay ware KSEA over on Orbx that may work for you.

The ORBX payware made it worse :triumph:

This one you mean? I only just saw this. That is a shame.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/orbx-has-ksea-developed-by-bmworld-and-it-looks-really-good/580160

Review here:

1 Like

Hello! I’m a Seattle developer. What are your problems with the airport?

1 Like

BMW969,

Using the ORBX payware, the runways become unusable due to major terrain uneveness. It is like landing in walled in runways making the PDGM 737 crash by flipping it upside down.
But after watching the above YouTube review by virtual pilot, it seems that it is something in my installation that is creating these anomalies. I am using Windows 10 and the MSFS Store version on an Alienware laptop. All the latest updates from MSFS and Nvidia and all other airports (except KSEA) work just fine. I also have GSX PRO installed but Doubt that is the culprit.
If you can help me solve this problem, I would be most appreciative since most of my flying is as Alaska virtual.

Ok. Let’s try to understand your problem. Have you disabled Seattle Airport from Asobo in settings? And try a simple test. Leave ONLY Seattle in the community folder.

1 Like

No I have not disabled Seattle from Asobo in settings. How do I dobthat?
I do not have any KSEA or Seattle in my community folder.

I am so forgetful. How do I get to content manager?

It’s in the profile.)

Finally found it!

Ksea deleted in Content manager. what is next?

Now nothing interferes with takeoff and landing.

Kudos to you! Deleting the Asobo KSEA enabled me to install Orbx Sea-Tac and there are no longer an artifacts!

Thank you!

1 Like

The Asobo KSEA is worsening. Originally, the terrain defects were only on 16R/34C. Now there is a huge drop off on 16R/34C. It’s unacceptable to have to purchase a payware airport to fix one of the major airports in MSFS.