How do I reduce this grainy unappealing texturing?

Oh I was at all suggesting you can go fix it yourself in SDK I was just explaining how what your talking can effect the look of the ground.
Anyway got some shots hoping I am now seeing the right thing.
Im not trying to dismis what your saying but make it so its understandable to devs to know exactly what your referring to.
Hopefully this below is what you mean and what i was trying to explain. I was referring to the underlying base texture of grass as an example.
minimum tile scaling:

tile scaling massively increased to exaggerate it:

my tile scaling set to min compared to default scaling:

Will say I think if it was gone completely the ground would look unrealistic and to clean as the ground would become to uniform and not random like real life.
Do wonder if default tile scaling is set that way for performance.

1 Like

I think it doesn’t look very random though.

I see a lot of lines/stripes and blotches in the texture like in the pictures from my other post on this topic.

I also do not understand why the texture is like little blobs of circles that have the same size. That’s not natural. Nothing about this texture feels organic or natural (as seen in my other post).

It’s like the developers didn’t reference real grass when making it, but instead just picked a preset texture that ‘‘sort of worked’’ and moved on.

Have you ever seen grass that looks like a frogs back? In real life? No.

Check out this link as it does help with the looks on the texure all round too

1 Like