How do I reduce this grainy unappealing texturing?

I don’t mean the satellite imagery, that’s not my issue.

The

if your not on about the satellite imagery then I can’t see what your on about it all looks fine. unless just isn’t coming across in those images.
Might have to point it out what your seeing?

I agree with @DORRAGER. Might be best to point out the issue as I’m also not seeing anything from the images.

When seeking assistance from the community, please use the category “Community Support”. #self-service:scenery

Do you have image scaling turned on in nvidia control panel?

1 Like

Moved to #self-service:scenery

Are you talking about the grass?

yes but it makes no difference on or off

the texture. not the grass itself. The blotchy spotty pattern over the satellite imagery.

The blotchy spotty pattern on the satelite imagery, it looks like they attempted to add an overlay texture to the raw satellite images, to make them appear more organic or more alive, but to me, it looks rather harsh and grainy and inorganic, especially with the clearly visible circle shaped textures you can see.

If you aren’t seeing it, imagine a spotty frog or lizard or something, and it’s that kind of pattern. Like this:

1 Like

I’ve seen worse. There are areas in the sim that don’t appeared to be covered by satellite imagery and the textures look even worse.

Is it maybe “film grain” in the useropt.cfg (i think thats the filename). Or maybe that isnt what that setting means at all

1 Like

Good thought, but film grain is usually a post-processing effect applied to the entire frame, not just ground textures. I’m not sure what it does, if anything, in this sim.

I see what your on about now I think they may be caused by clouds when the satellite imagery was taken.

1 Like

I agree. Even the clouds themselves can actually be spotted in ground textures sometimes.

1 Like

No it’s not that, I think there’s an automatic texture overlayed over satellite imagery to make it less blurry but it gives the opposite of effect of making it way to grainy and patchy.

There is a mod that replaces the ground textures but we are not allowed to discuss it. Nor would I really recommend it. My only point is that it is claimed to improve the ground imagery in some cases.

Oh I thought you meant by spotty as in the bits I have circled.

but i believe your on about the underlying texture under the grass. As when editing ground textures in the SDK you can adjust the scaling of the grass texture for example which makes it more or less visible. I see if can get some screenshots easier to show what i mean.

No not that, that’s part of the imagery.

I do not know how to use he SDK, and this is not acceptable, I think the developers should improve the textures and replace them. See my latest post for more detail!

That is subjective. There are many who can accept it. I’ve heard many say they prefer Microsoft Flight Simulator over other simulators due to the better graphics.

Edit - nevermind, I think I misunderstood what you were referring to as unacceptable.

I was saying that it shouldn’t be up to me to fix it. Basically.