How do we get rid of the white dot in the middle with camera?

Tester here. We found it, but it was extremely inconsistent. It wouldn’t show up each time you moved the camera, maybe only the first time, or maybe not at all. It’s stopped for me but it definitely didn’t get past us.

2 Likes

1 step forward, 2 steps back. lol

1 Like

Thx for the info. Sad to hear it didn’t get addressed.

Probably going to take someone modding it out like that menu icon that appears at the top has been.

Such a pity too as SU5 is really so beautiful, but having that white dot appear and stick around for 5-10 seconds just ruins it like a big ole dust spot on a cameras sensor.

3 Likes

For me it starts showing once I use the mouse on the cockpit controls

my mouse shoots to the top left corner as well…

1 Like

This not going away?
Was answered in another post - it’s a bug, and you can get rid of it ( until you move the mouse again ) by pressing any Arrow key on the keyboard.

There’s a mod to remove it, but we need an easy way to suppress and make sure it doesn’t constantly pop up during normal interactions. FSX/P3D had long-hold ALT for showing/hiding the File Menu Bar… same thing would be great here.

2 Likes

After su5 I immediately reinstalled the mod…I couldn’t bare both the annoying dot and this one…

1 Like

@CplMayhoney

Bumping up the Dead zone on the right stick of my 360 controller indeed did the trick! :+1:
I bumped it to about 14% and its perfect!

Its actually very smooth now! I love a nice smooth camera pan in cockpit and its really nice now!

Just wish the White Dot didn’t exist. It creeps up out of nowhere and is quite distracting. However, your trick worked like a charm and was worthy of a reply!

Thanks!!!

2 Likes

We need to have an option to remove the white dot and to also change it’s colour for those that need to see it from an accessability perspective.

I personally feel it breaks the immersion we need an option to toggle it off especially for taking photos!

3 Likes

You are AMAZING! the keyboard key worked for both the dot and the menu.

I’m just passing on what I found out in a FB thread… glad it worked :wink:

What’s even better is the ‘no handlebar’ mod on flightsim.to

It’s really the way it should have been implemented, IMO.

2 Likes

I have no hope for a fix in todays HF. Seems not to be on the list.

let’s wait and see… if no - everyone file a bug - I seriously doubt it’s a feature :wink:

Change to legacy mode and disable cockpit tooltips.

doesn’t work, i did that the first thing after SU5 update

1 Like

Don’t be harch on the White dot , why, because we should, maybe ask yourselfs this.
Where am i in the sim?
How is the weather? Is it sunny or is it raining?
Is the sun low or high or at what time of day im fliying now?
Where is the dot in the cockpit?
Is it moving?
Could it be something unknown that devs use as a refference point and need more develloping?

Why al this is becausse i have a thought on this, although i have not noticed it earlier on.
I think i saw something when i flew away from the sun above the horizon while turn on final approach i saw somewhat White dot like, in the right upper corner of the windshield of my Cessna 172, now i think through this to me phenomenal experience it might have to do with devellopment of raytracing. Unfortunatly i was to late for a screenshot but maybe some of you simmers can try to verifiëren or reproduce.

What are you smoking? :joy::sweat_smile:

For me (Xbox) the dot disappears after 1 sec when i stop moving the camera.
But as soon as i move it, it reapers.

I only se the dot in Cockpit mode tho.

1 Like

Not the game bugs!

Cause they are still here :laughing: :rofl:

1 Like

I didnt smoke, i tripped over and stumbled into the pot.
Well hopefully this didnt sound bad, or dubble dutch, :rofl: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like