How do you check your FPS in MSFS 2020 Premium?

Hi there, I just installed the premium upgrade and was wondering how you check your FPS? Any help is greatly appreciated… Thanks in advance.

A couple of options. You can enable developer mode (Options/General/Developers) and there will be a menu option in the developer menu to display your FPS. Alternatively, if you have the x-box game bar installed, you can press window+g and then there is a performance choice on the game bar which will display fps. Be aware that while developer mode is enabled, flight time will not be logged.

3 Likes

I bought and assembled the " Class Echo" from Shakeprint on Etsy. Link is below. It is a touch screen display that shows a ton of information and has an option to display your frame rate. Highly recommend it and the guy sells it is incredibly helpful.

MSI Afterburner

If you have a GeForce card, get the GeForce Experience app and enable FPS in the HUD. It’s very non-obtrusive, and can be toggled off for clean screenshots. But then again, if you use the GeForce Experience screenshooter, it omits the counter anyway.

You can use whatever you normally use. If you use Steam and bought MSFS though there, the option is there to show frames. If you have an nVidia card, there’s a frame counter in GeForce Experience somewhere. MSI Afterburner is another option.

Now as mentioned, there’s Developer Mode in MSFS. Enabling Dev More and bringing up the counter will give you a lot of info, but if all you’re looking for is fps, it’s overkill. It’s a large, ugly overlay that looks like it’s CGA graphics straight out of 1992. It can only be used in dev mode and that prevents flights from logging in your log book.

Personally, I bought MSFS through Steam and use its overlay. It’s a tiny number up in the corner of my screen that’s totally out of the way.

1 Like

I use MSI Afterburner/RivaTuner.

There’s a little bit of setup to get things to show on the OSD, but it’s highly customizable and a great tool otherwise that any tweaker should use.

I use it to tweak power and fan curves on my 5700XT, not just resource monitoring.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.