How do you refer to MS Flight Simulator in conversation?

“the new Microsoft Flight Sim(ulator)”

Let’s go with FS2020

Other - Flight Sim

I just use FSXX

1 Like

When I first came into Alpha/Beta phase it appeared MSFS was normally used. This distinguished it from FSX and others. It wasn’t until after the production release that I started to see 2020 added. MSFS is enough to distinguish it for me.

I call it “Fred”

1 Like

Normally, MSFS 2020
When CTD, Microsoft Virus :slight_smile:

1 Like

Other- Microsoft Flight II I tell them to avoid it like the plague.

FS2020 when written, Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 when spoken but very rarely have a chance to speak it in my real world surroundings as I’m the only aviation nut/flight simmer of all the people involved in my life, unfortunately.

1 Like

usually go for the classic MSFSMMXX. :rofl:

1 Like

You assume I have any friends to talk about things like flight simulator.

1 Like

FS2020 is how you refer to set and read variables in simconnect. You use this to program instruments etc in apps like AirManager.
So it makes sense to make that the default abbreviation.

Within these forums: MSFS 2020.
But anywhere else I make no references whatever. Thus avoiding blank stares!

2 Likes

MSFS 2020 A plague tale :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: (understanders will understand)
But I like it!

3 Likes

Usually just Flight Simulator, occasionally Flight Sim 2020.

1 Like

Other - MSFS

Maybe I’ll use FS20 after the new year if no new Farming Simulator title gets released by surprise :grin:

FS2020, MSFS2020, or Flight Simulator 2020

Either way i put it, the response usually is “Whats that?”

1 Like

@Aeluwas hit it right on the head. It depends on the context and the audience. If the context is in here where MSFS is the center of all topics and the members are seasoned simmers, one can just call it “the sim”.

If the context is such that calling it “the sim” would create ambiguity, then it becomes MSFS.

But, the context might be that some might think you are referring to MSFS FSX, 2002, etc. then it becomes MSFS2020.

Now, don’t even get me started on referring to it as a “sim” or a “game”. LOL.

Really it depends who I’m talking to.

1 Like

Depends. Usually FS2020 or Microsoft Flight Sim.

Sometimes MSFS. Honestly, depends on the context