How i got the smoothest performance with my RTX 3070 so far (Nvidia 457.30)

Hello guys,

i know this forum is full of “do this & do that” threads about performance and graphics. And i know my system may be different from yours. But i still want to contribute my settings because it may help you too, to get the most joy out of this gem of game.

I was one of the CTD guys some months back due to memory lack and OC on my graphics card. Memory upgrad and more virutal memory fixed it.

I lately switched back to the old 457.30 and tried HAGS ON. I can now run 30-40 fps on 130% Render Scaling on 1440p. Drops to 20 fps on dense airports. It seems smoother and better as the drivers before, even 465.89 lately.

My system:
i5 9600k (OC to 4,9ghz on each core)
RTX 3070 with 8gb VRAM - Power Limit set to 110% via MSI Afterburner
32gb of DDR4 RAM 3200mhz - XLR-Profile(?) in Bios activated to match correct clockspeeds
MSFS installed on M2 NVMe SSD (3.400MB/s readings)

Windows settings:
Game mode OFF
HAGS ON !
high DPI Settings for FlightSimulator.exe OFF
Virutal Memory set to 20.000-64.000 MB

Nvidia-Driver: 457.30 !

• Texture Quality: Maximum Performance
  • Energy-Settings: Highest Performance

MSFS Settings:
Rolling Cache on
Live traffic & weater on
Multiplayer on

Render-Scaling 130% ! on 1440p UIltrawide Scrren Monitor
LOD Terrain 150%
LOD Object 150%
Vector Data Ultra
Volumetric Clouds Ultra
Buildings High
Trees Ultra
Grass & Bushes Medium
Terrain Shadows 768 (low)
Object Shadows 512 (low)
Rest Set to High and/or OFF

The image is sharp and crisp and i get around 30-40 fps stable with no stutters or CTDs.
RTX 3070 runs at 100% constantly and gets to 70-75°C.
50 fps with 100% Render Scaling were met.

The upscaled Render Scaling is where the RTX 3070 starts to shine! Thats what these cards are made for.

Whate made the biggest impact for me was:
gone back to 457.30 and turned HAGS on

3 Likes

Thanks for the data you share.

Like you I own a RTX3070 with AMD 5600X and 32 GB 3200 Mhz RAM.

With 457.30 for sure MSFS runs better in terms of FPS value but other applications like Youtube on 4K suffers a bit. I mean stutter or similar visual inconvenience things. So considering the average desktop use I switched to newest driver 465.89 which also runs fine with system I shared above.

Do you have any problems with 457.30 on windows chrome or similar software ? I believe it comprimises on 4K resolution quality (smoothness I should say)

Kind regards.

Hey seagul,

So far i didnt have any issues with chrome on youtube for example. And i prefer a good performance on the sim. Really looking forward to Dx12 someday :wink:

1 Like