How long did it take you to download/install?

Currently has been 15 hours and I’m at around 25GB, how long did the game take to install for you?

UPDATE:

Did an internet speed test @ 10Mbps
41GB Left

The moment I bought it , it took about 2.5 hours. Now I started down loading , would stop, start and stop. I just walked away never paused it or stopped it. Didn’t use the computer for anything but that down load. So total 2.5 hours

I hate you are having a long dl time , really hope it gets sorted out for you mate.

2 Likes

The MS Store app portion was a few minutes. The content was less than 2 hours but how much less I don’t know because I left for a while.

1 Like

bought the DVDs. 3 hours install from the DVDs and afterwards 16Gb of downloads

2 Likes

It took three tries to get it to download and them overnight to download the 95GiB. I still am having trouble getting it up and running. It will not support the Saitek X45 and I was able to upload the X Y axles, but still no control. The Cessna 150 training was OK, but i’m a pilot with dual ATP’s Aiplanes and Helicopter, so if was boring after ten minutes. Need to figure out the mouse key board controls. The Saitek X45 worked very well with FSX. Was hoping to see the world in my J3 cub. Tried to takeoff from RKSA Suwon, Korea, but could not get the brakes off. Big learning curve! Two sheet of small print for mouse/keyboard controls .

2 Likes

Took me about four hours to download and install. Not sure how I got lucky on that one, but I didn’t have any of the issues with installation that people have been seeing.

Ctrl + . [numpad] should take off parking brakes on every plane - that being said, there’s a glitch where the tires can be “sticky,” so if your parking brakes are off you may have to increase throttle to 50% or higher to start rolling.

1 Like

1 hour and 40 minutes from starting download to start of configuring my peripherals.

System Specs:
asrock z390 phantom gaming mobo
I7-9700k @ 4.9 GHz
32 GB Ram
Geforce RTX 2070 running 1440p Acer monitor
FS is on dedicated 500gb M.2
Internet download speed average 450 Mbps

1 Like

It went insanely fast on my fibre line, 1hr 30min all in, through Steam btw

1 Like

I’m at about 10Mbps so I guess that explains it

Around 45 minutes before the first flight

I am in Canada and I have 1 gigabit fiber

I installed the game on a Corsair Force MP600 1tb

1 Like

Download in 50 minutes I have 1 gigabit fiber I live in France And I admit no download problem…

1 Like

Took me about an hour and a half from intial download to installed, 15mins after sim launched. I made sure to have just over 500gb dedicated. When the download appeared it was frozen, I just left it alone.

System Specs:
Cyberpower prebuilt
asrock z390 phantom gaming mobo
I9-9900k @ 3.6 GHz (no over clocking yet)
32 GB Ram
Geforce RTX 2070
Dell Gaming Monitor 144hz

1 Like

About one hour in Germany! No Server issues, no installation issues! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m assuming Fibre Optics? Waiting patiently for this in my area…

1 Like

58 minutes, on day of release, used Steam as the installer.

Gigabit home internet, I actually got 900Mb+ speed from the Microsoft servers after the 90GB update had passed 60%.

i9 10900X, 32GB DDR4 cl14 2400Mhz, nvidia 2080Ti, Samsung 970 Evo 500GB M.2.

1 Like

about 1hour and 45 mins - once stuck at one of the packages - restart and after that no problems at all !
cheers !

1 Like

Apprx 3 hours on a 50 mb connection

After 1 week of continuous trying, restarting the game after crashes every 1-2GB of download (I am on a fiber connection as well!) I am still trying to patch the thing.
Only another 74GB to go, so I’ll update you again in October.

I started it late at night when my kids wasn’t hogging all the bandwidth with gaming, got in the Hot Tub and left it to DL, when I went back inside I thought it was done but wasn’t as when I went to load it it still needed 77GB to DL but would not restart, decided to call it a night, got up extra early to uninstall and try again, this time it did install but took just over 3 hours.

about 30-40 mins in a gigabit connection… Lucky me I guess