How long does the PMDG 737-700 take to load for you?

I understand the first time loading up any of the 3 variants is expected to be a lengthy wait. However, each subsequent load for me is taking 12-15 minutes. I’m just curious if anyone else is experiencing a similar load time?

Specs:
RTX 3080 Ti
I9-11900K @3.5 GHz
32 GB RAM

Other than load time, absolutely loving this aircraft.

1 Like

First run took about 8 minutes, after that normal loading time.

Keep in mind each run after a sim update will be long again.

Ryzen 9 5950X
Nvidia 3090
128GB Mem.

1 Like

Using a 5950X
Subsequent loading time was no different to the first time.
It only took about 3 minutes.

Approximately 3 minutes

First load was about 9 minutes. Subsequent loads have been 2-3 minutes.

EDIT: Just for the sake of completeness, the very first time I loaded in was at the Drzewiecki Design KRNT custom scenery, and it took 12 minutes. The next day I loaded in at KRNT it took about 9 minutes. That particular custom scenery always takes a long time to load in for me, no matter what aircraft. After the SU9 Hotfix, loading the same airframe at a stock, non-handcrafted airport took about 9 minutes.

Hmmm, official video said first load was going to take 12-15 minutes based on how high-end PC was, and your internet speed. After initial load, normal load times was said to be normal. I have NOT gotten the plane yet, as MSFS is off system. I am going to reinstall sim and get the plane, but we have to finish moving first to new house. MSFS is way low priority according to BH. It will be interesting to see if:
1-Sim can be reinstalled and that it works
2. Loading time of the Plane once I have downloaded it and installed it. I think I may just get it now, and then install it once sim is back on, but then if sim won’t install, did I waste money. Gonna wait.

First load or after update 8-10 mins
Subsequent loads 15-25 seconds

That is an insane amount of time. It seems to be recompiling the WASM modules every time. Do you run any dev options? Maybe there is one there that forces WASM recompiling on every load. That is about all I can think off.

No Dev options enabled. I’ll open a ticket with PMDG and see what they have to say.

Something is really wrong then at your end. That’s way way to long.

You do not mention your HD type in the spec… with that CPU & GPU — surely you are not still loading in from a mechanical rotating HD ??

I am using a 1 TB SSD, not HDD.

Then its seems very strange that you are getting such low performance – one of MSFS many mysteries !!

I performed a clean install of MSFS and now load times for PMDG 737 are roughly 45 seconds… Wow…

1 Like

Do a clean instal

Every single version like BBJ, Cargo etc. takes up to 35 minutes loading time for the first flight (or after a patch is installed), every next launch is a normal 2 minutes loading screen.

I initial load about 10-15 mins the after that not long at all probably under a minute easy. Pretty quick on the 980 pro

All - Got moved, got sim reinstalled, bought plane. After any update, either MSFS or PMDG, and usually have to reinstall my liveries, it takes about 10 minutes or so to get initial plane to location for Flight. After, loads just as fast as any other plane takes to load. About 1 minute or less.