How many CTDs do you have per number of Flights? Lets compare?

How many people are using Pushback Helper old or new version?

Setting virtual memory solved my CTD. Iā€™m glad it works for you, but it doesnā€™t work for me. Iā€™ll keep it in a SSD too thank you for your advice.

I get consistent CTDs when descending to land at S21 (Sunriver, OR). Otherwise I donā€™t think I have had a single CTD.

My only recent CTDs are when Iā€™m enroute in the A320 on AP and task switch away. If I donā€™t switch back to the MSFS window for over 30 minutes, CTDs seem more regular - but almost never during normal flying.

Yes, I have 12 TB of ssd storage. 4 2tb M.2 pcie nvme SSDā€™s + 2 2tb SATA SSDā€™s. I donā€™t use them for virtual memory since I have 32GB of ram. I require this amount of storage for other things, not just flight sim.

Thatā€™s just straight up abuse of the English language. When your sim wonā€™t even start (like recently happened to me), THAT makes it ā€œunplayableā€. A scenery glitch that is of zero consequence that amounts to a nothingburger does not qualify. If your sim will start, and you can select an aircraft and get it up in the air as the PIC, then thereā€™s NOTHING happening that makes it ā€œunplayableā€, and I for one absolutely abhor the way that term is just so easily thrown around as if it were actually true.

1 Like

Technically, Iā€™ve only had 2 CTDā€™s that occurred unexpectedly out of about 400+ flights. The first CTD was due to the VFR map bug, and the other was during my first VR test flight, although I donā€™t know what caused that one. (There were a few other CTDā€™s also from the VFR map bug, but I caused them intentionally while testing a theory, so those donā€™t count.)

1 in about 150 flights. Got it while slewing for 10 minutes straight.

Not a CTD, but I just had to restart the game. It slowed down to sub 5fps, had over 40GB memory in use while flying over West Sulawesi. Bad memory leak, or the trees cost a lot more memory here than everywhere else. It took 3 minutes to get back to the menu. I quit it all the way (another 2 minutes to quit to desktop) to purge it completely.

After restart (last recorded coordinates in little navmap), 17GB memory in use and all the terrain is there, no more huge blank spots.

what does this mean ?

If you disabled your virtual memory completly , we find your issue.
If you not want to run into issue you need allways a minimum pagefile ( at least some hundret MB ) and because you own only 32GIG RAM, you have to set it for MSFS to system managed or e.g. 20 GIG Max ā€¦

All what we know is: 32GIG overall memory is the minimum for the system if you playing MSFS. And this means not, that you can disable then the pagefile :slight_smile:

PS.: with 64GIG RAM you will see no longer a usage of more than 1GIG pagefile

My page file is set to system managed, so it does use the page file. But I donā€™t have it set to any specific ammount. And as I said before in another forum post, I solved my issue and it had nothing to do with any of the suggestions about my machine and itā€™s configurations. It was the latest update conflicting with a file stored in D:\Program Files\ModifiableWindowsApps, I deleted the FS2020 folder in this location and re-installed, havenā€™t had a problem since.

1 Like

I used to get zero pauses and CTDs.

Now every long flight usually has a couple of 2 minute pauses in it, and then usually a CTD at the end of the flight as I am flying the arrival to an airfield. Almost 100% predictable. Makes the flight/sim almost pointless.

I fly almost exclusively the TBM930.

Not much in my Community folder, and I have tried removing all mods. No better.

I really hope they have fixed these horrendous pauses and CTDs in the forthcoming updates, as Iā€™ve almost stopped flying the sim as it just crashes every time.

I thought Iā€™d try again today. Flew from North Africa to Austria LOWI. Had one 2 minute pause in the cruise, another on descent from cruise, and while on the LOWI downwind leg the whole thing CTDd.

Just horrid. Such as shame as the whole experience is wonderful while it is working.

i found an area that i could consistently ctd, and fixed it by turning off my cpu boost and running stock speed. prior to finding that consistent ctd, i would ctd seemingly randomly, maybe 1 out of 50 flights.

havenā€™t had a ctd since, game runs as well as before.
i may look at the cpu cooling at some point, but everything else runs fine on my rig with or without the boost.

I donā€™t have quite a lot of CTDs and Iā€™ve flown for 440 hours but today and yesterday my sim decided to just freeze it completely froze my pc and I had to manually shut my pc down in order for me to utilize my pc, mind you those flights I did were longer then 6 hours so it was frustrating but apart from that Iā€™ve only had 2 CTDs all using the A32nx.

Thereā€™s some memory leak related to areas with lots of trees. Today Iā€™ve been flying over Borneo, trees everywhere. Memory use slowly crept up over 35GB while fps kept going down. Restarting the game brought the memory use down to 21GB and smooth performance again.

Mayday mayday, requesting emergency landing to purge soon to be fatal memory leak.

(Waiting for memory upgrade, still not even shipped yet. Not that it would fix it, but should make the game last for a long flight without having to restart in the middle)

2 Likes

I have about 300 hours total flight time in MSFS and have had 4-5 CTD total. Minimal spec system but I have 32 MB RAM.

I fly mostly the FBW A320

1 Like

Last week, i tried to fly from ypph to yppd.
It crashed three times. At last I had to give up.

Hi all,
since I fly only third-party planes there where for some weeks no more CTDā€™s!
May be a solution???

I honestly can not remember the last time I had a CTD, but from my brief time playing with @NewfieSmokester I remember 1 day not too long ago he said he CTDā€™d 3-4 trying to do the same flight within like 30 minutes or something crazy. IDK what is causing some users to constantly CTD and others like me to never have it happen.

I have a new idea on what may be causing the CTD.
Last three airports I added since 1.12.13.0 that may be causing the CTD.

KIAD, KSDF and WSSS. All other mods and freeware airports worked fine before and after update.