How Many of You Are Flying Base/Deluxe/Premium Aircraft Regularly?

I’ve been sitting here poking at the TBM 930 having completely forgotten all that WT has done to really make it a stand out aircraft and it got me thinking.

Many of the core aircraft have been improved over the life of the sim and some haven’t, but I’m wondering what people are still flying from the base/Deluxe/Premium editions of the sim.

Note: Please exclude the A320neo V2, as it is so new I don’t count it as a part of the original aircraft.

3 Likes

Welp, I was just compiling my Top Ten list for Baracus’ thread, and literally made a list of all 39 (gasp) airplanes that I cared enough to create a Spad.Next profile for.

My Top 10 includes the CJ4 and B787 (though with the free Horizon mod).

I have the B747, Longitude, SR22, Cub Crafter, and TBM930 in my honorable mentions.

C172, C152 are “in the hangar” but occasionally I will bust them out, and the Asobo Baron, King Air, and Bonanza are generally superseded by the Black Square versions.

Honestly, if I didn’t have the budget for all of the aftermarket planes I fly, I’d still be pretty happy with the Premium (needed for the 787, Longi, SR22).

3 Likes

It’s funny. I flew the 747 and 787 a whole bunch before the WT upgrades and have barely flown them since.

This has nothing to do with what they have done for them, but more that I’ve bought so many 3rd party planes that I really have neglected to return to them.

For example, I’ve not flown the SR22 at all since its upgrade.

In fact, if it weren’t for the fact that I’m poking about on my laptop, that has a minimal install compared to my desktop, I probably wouldn’t have had the whole thought over these planes.

1 Like

I break out the Baron and 172 Steam somewhat regularly. And truth be told, they’re the reason I went for the Deluxe version.

As a side note, I also fly out of Cape Town Intl. occasionally, which is also included in the Deluxe version.

I didn’t go Premium Deluxe, because I knew I’d never use the extras.

1 Like

I bought the Premium Delux version after spending the first release year on game pass. I wanted the SR-22 for cruising. Up until I bought the SWS RV-14, it was my most flown aircraft. The Pipistrel Virus was another go to for low and slow sight-seeing.

3 Likes

Yeah. I definitely like that one. It’s a bit of an oddity and really pretty cool.

1 Like

SR22T, Longitude are regular entries on my logbook. It’s disappointing to fly the Virus now because it got left out of the G3X refresh. I can only hope 2024 gives it some justice or it gets put to bed because it deserves better than the current state it’s in.

The G1000 Skyhawk has a LOT of hours thanks to MrTommyMxr and DanielLOWG’s JT-A mod. For the longest time, that was my go to, and my first trans-Atlantic hop.

2 Likes

Dang. I had not caught that when reviewing the notes, etc. throughout the beta and release.

Yeah. WT ran out of time (and MS had other marching orders for them) to make the Portrait Orientation version of the FMS.

1 Like

This is SO painful. Their work is so incredible that when I encounter the Asobo versions of the various WT avionics, it’s so jarring!

5 Likes

What sort of flights are you doing in the Longitude?

I was quite smitten by it when it received the AAU treatment, but like I mentioned, I’ve really neglected these great aircraft.

Long range missions where I like to go fast - usually I have only enough time to do like Boston to Chicago or Boston to Miami.

I would really love to try the Real Life Long Range Debut Flight of this jet - KTEB to LFPB non-stop, but my back and rear will not survive sitting in the seat that long.

1 Like

Pretty much never tbh. I’ve spent too much money on 3rd party aircraft to be flying the default planes. That’s not to say some of them aren’t really good, but the best ones, like the TBM and 787, are not really my jam. Bagolu’s 172 gets some love though.

4 Likes

I got the premium deluxe specifically to fly the SR22. I spent a lot of time in the Baron and Cessna 172 steam gauge.

I only spent a little time in the Dreamliner. Checked it out but not my thing.

While I do like the longitude C700, the citation CJ4 just feels and looks better to me. If I’m going small biz jet I’m taking the citation.

I mistakenly took the Pipistrel Virus out on a 300nm trip thinking it was the Flight Design CTSL. When I was trying for the ‘Jack Of All Planes’ achievement. Complete a 300nm trip in every aircraft in the standard edition of MSFS. (My rarest achievement showing 0.02% of gamers unlocked this.)

These were all during my first year (600hrs) with MSFS. My second year of simming the Bell407 and helicopters were introduced. I haven’t looked back since, for two years I’ve been more heli centric. Rarely stepping in a fixed wing anymore let alone one that came with my premium deluxe ownership. Now I’ll get in a 182RG, the Vision Jet, a warbird/fighter jet.

2 Likes

Helicopters aren’t really my thing, so I’ve only got a couple but in all honesty I only use the Cabri. I think Asobo have done a really nice job on this and it seems to be well regarded by RL pilots.

2 Likes

Such a good question!

The CJ4, C152 with JPL mod (if that counts) and Zlin Cub are the only default aircraft that ever have and ever will be close to top ten for me.

The more 3rd party aircraft that come out and the better they get, the less and less I am flying any default aircraft as the bar keeps continuing to rise.

2 Likes

I fly the steam gauge 172 more than anything else. It’s what my flight school has.

1 Like

Mostly the 787 (WT), but rarely the default -10 usually with the Horizon -9 mod, but this morning with the bravoairspace -8 (with a cabin) payware mod.
Have also used the 747 WT (which I like) and occasionally the SR22 which is nice since the WT upgrade. Other than that most are left in the hanger in preference of 3rd party aircraft.

1 Like

I tend to stick with the original A320 because it’s uncomplicated and it works
After nearly 2500 hours, I find the game has enough challenges with faults and errors without having a buggy aircraft to contend with!
I notice that after SU15, all of the routes/ altitudes have changed and since the last minor update, no ILS is working.
Going back to a previous topic, this is definitely a game, not a simulation, the challenge being to complete a flight successfully despite the challenges! :rofl:

3 Likes

~90% of my flights now are in the 737, but I use a few of the ‘base’ aircraft very often, mainly those that were updated by WT. CJ4, C208, TBM930, G36, NXCub… Actually it would be easier to list planes I don’t use, those would be most of the tail draggers, flying boats and some old aircraft like the TriMotor and DC3.

1 Like