How much would you pay for bugless AI ATC & Traffic in MSFS?

Then check out Pilot2ATC :slight_smile:

I will not pay any money until Asobo fixes the Limit issue on the number of objects and AI Planes stacking up at one location on the return flight! The AI will simply not function properly with these issue. Also see this post and vote it up:

2 Likes

We already paid for those things to work properly, as designed, as advertised, when we purchased the sim. Just hasn’t been delivered :man_shrugging:

7 Likes

bugless? $300, maybe more. Depends on the specifications and “realisticness”

2 Likes

I will happily pay that if it includes HF, SELCAL and oceanic ATC.

$0000 for me It should have worked when we bought the sim. I can also live without it if I have to. Some folks seem to think that if you throw money at it it fixes every thing. You would not buy a car with only 3 wheels on it would you.

1 Like

None though I plan on donating to VATSIM soon, 13 years on the network and I love it.

1 Like

Using VATSIM and FSLTL/AIG and no issues in my opinion – all free and much better than any AI ATC.

1 Like

I’d say most people who say 0 are kind of full of it. I’m currently popping 10/20 per month for AI to follow per their real world counterpart with the ability for historical data back to 2020, I love it. I can switch to VATSIM and fly events if I want the full shebang. If AI/ATC wasn’t that big of an issue, there wouldn’t be multiple hundreds or thousand post threads about it. Any time I see someone praising the products that use the sim to function, I know they’re purposefully choosing to ignore the downfalls and paint a picture that doesn’t exist, not in MSFS anyways. FSX,P3D etc. AI/ATC all day.

They had the perfect blueprint from the previous sims to work with and I honestly have no idea how they came out with the current system they did.

1 Like

The question was originally about traffic only, not ATC, so that may affect some previous answers. I have little interest in traffic other than ‘live traffic working more consistently would be nice’, so would indeed not pay for that. I’ve already paid for the built-in ATC, so I’d prefer that to work without paying extra. Might I pay extra for third-party ATC? Maybe, but I haven’t so far.

1 Like

I’m down for $100. It would have to be very close to real life. Very close. I would love to see the developer make it bugless but… Yeah.

$0 as it’s fine with the mods for me, I would however pay for a specific VR update that fixes regressions and adds features!

Sorry CasualClick, but I fully disagree with you !

As a former dev for MSFS in the time of FS9, 20 years ago, I have quickly identified all the identical blatant bugs of FSX, FS9 and even before, in the new MSFS of 2020, when speaking of ATC and AI traffic. This mean Asobo still use the identical code, which is more than 20 years old now !

We don’t need fully AIRAC compliance to be able to just suppress the most boring & problematic bugs who ruin our lives since soooo long ! We just need the will to fix the biggest problems while waiting for better, like you explain. But, I fear Asobo simply does not have the will to do this or more likely, no one wants to stick their nose in this old code that no one knows anymore !

Of course, to rewrote entirely a full ATC & AI code is not a small affair and probably not very interesting, economically speaking ! This is why, probably, we will never see the actual code to be purged of these more annoyous bugs.

This is just my humble opinion !

10 Likes

There are still some problems w ATC, one thing first is that in real life when the winds are below like 10 kts they are given as “light & variable”, they don’t mention the numbers.

And they round off, you won’t hear winds at “239”,
they would say “240”. So yea, I would pay. Good post.

Sounds like a perfect fit!

https://www.workingtitle.aero/jobs/

You will be expected to have or develop a strong knowledge of aviation (real or simulated), including what various instruments do and how they work. You will spend your entire day, every day, working with virtual airplanes and their cockpits, building them to look and work just like their real-world counterparts do, so knowledge of real-world aviation technologies and procedures is required to do the job right. This will often include poring over hundreds of pages of real-world avionics and aircraft manuals, as well as tediously testing scenarios in avionics simulators.

2 Likes

I think they need to create some job positions for licensed pilots. They would then test and validate what the computer programmers with

created.

They do. One of the Devs is a type rated CJ4 pilot. Many of the others either have PPLs or flight hours. Same with Asobo.

1 Like

Wonder if any of them bang their heads against the wall over things like ATC? Maybe they all use VATSIM.

1 Like

I would say they don’t. Hang around their Discord long enough and you realize they perfectly understand the limits of what ATC does right now, and program accordingly.

1 Like

That’s good to know. I’m guessing it was a case of “get something out there that is reasonable and perfect it later”. It’s just that I would have had a difficult time (as a pilot) signing off on a project with all the errors, non-standard phraseology, etc.