How often does the Xbox Marketplace update?

Are you talking about scripts?

Never say never. They will go where the money is.

2 Likes

Did this with the current night lighting bug yesterday :smiley: Pretty tough aircraft to trim nicely but other than that

F14 is awesome. Very impressed. Now going to purchase the F15 as well. Seen that I also had an update for the spitfire
 did they finally address the ability to open and close door and cockpit on xbox. I almost never start from runway but from parking so I can taxi but when I purchased the spitfire weeks ago, noticed I didn’t have the ability to close the door or canopy. However starting from the runway, door and canopy would already be closed.

Nah don’t think so. Also engine management still borked.

Can redline it as much as you want with no effect.

1 Like

Yuck
 won’t be getting back in that one anytime soon

Yep, hopefully other devs will prefer ditching some functions in order to fully rely on the game instead of using outside executables, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they didn’t. If you charge €100s for a plane, a “that doesn’t work because the sim doesn’t support it yet” doesn’t cut it.

We’ll see what PDMG does with their 737. Probabily it won’t have weather radar if it has to be fully within the sim.

Both this, together with the fact that I presume not many Xbox player are the kind of hardcore simmer that spends €100 for a “study level” add-ons the pros of not having to deal with the MP/Xbox limitations far outweight a few missed sales opportunities, and might even result in more PC players buying it because it ends up being a better product

1 Like

The opening and closing of doors seems to be bogged Ona few aircraft since wu6.

The islander doesn’t work now, the 777 doesn’t either

Haven’t seen that issue. Long-EZ and C170B work in that regard, haven’t tested my other addons.

The lack of liveries on Xbox is one of my biggest gripes with the sim currently. If liveries can be included in the official marketplace through payware aircraft I don’t see why liveries can’t be sold separately in the marketplace. The logical thing to do is to simply create a new add-on category and start accepting liveries into the store. I think it is fairly safe to say that it would generate considerable profit for both parties too.

3 Likes

That is a bummer, but thanks for sharing.

I believe FBW said they’re in talks with MS about Xbox, confirmed by a dev on Reddit. So that’s why they’re not saying much.

On the other hand, PMDG said their DC-6 would be on Xbox, so hopefully that’s their policy on other addons.

3 Likes

For some of the larger dev studios, it may become a matter of what the Xbox can physically support versus a policy. The more complex aircraft are more demanding on the hardware - most reviewers noticed fewer FPS out of the CRJ and DC-6.

But, if PMDG can get the DC-6 running smoothly, it is likely possible most aircraft can run on the consoles. :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

That concerns me too, the impact one of these ‘study level’ aircraft will have on the internal architecture of the Xbox.

I’d love it if the CRJ and DC6 end up on the platform though. They’ll both be instant purchases.

3 Likes

I don’t doubt that PMDG and Aerosoft can get them working - I’m sure there will be some bugs because MSFS 2020 reasons (devs like to blame the sim but I’m sure some are sim side and some are just coding errors) - as long as they are supported and patched and there is no wool over the eyes it’s all good - just hope the complex aircraft don’t turn my series S into a turn of last century picture show.

1 Like

That’s good news but I wouldn’t get my hopes too high.

There is a good chance the PMDG 737 comes to the MP/Xbox but it’s not confirmed yet.

The series x is not a SNES.

People talk like its lucky to be running msfs 2020. Its a pretty powerful machine thats only in its infancy and has yet untapped potential that devs are currently getting to grips with.

If you look at msfs, graphically it shouldn’t be pushing the series x to its limits. Take a closer look you have:

The plane model which is probably the most detailed asset in the game.
You’ve got some basic structure happening with overlaying textures. This can be refined further as Asobo get to grips with the platform.
The buildings at ground level are pretty, shockingly basic, even though you have a lot of them.
Traffic is just a few static rectangles on a path. Theres no moving parts.
Even the trees are basic and pretty much using repeated set models.

The sim isn’t even using any real reflection technology to any great extent.

The main issue is the streaming service which seems to give PC and xbox a hit, depending on server status and LOD settings.

You can compare that to upcoming Forza Horizon 5 which has a massive open world with granular detail (right down to pine needles) multiple detailed cars, reflections, weather and atmospheric effects. yes it hasn’t got “the globe” but when you fly you are not streaming in the entire world are you, it just streams in what you need to see.

Anyway

8 Likes

I’ve just been looking at page on Xboxera and am I right in thinking there is no freeware addons for the sim yet?

Except FH5 is a driving game, it needs great details on the ground. FS doesn’t really need that. It just needs to show a realistic, authentic view from high up, and I think it does a great job doing so. On the other hand, the only better ground detail you will find in MSFS are the handcrafted and 3P airports, which look great. But that’s all the realistic ground detail it needs.

Any guesses on what they’ll throw at Xbox this week?

I’m putting money on no update at all due to the firefighting hotfix efforts to keep expectations low. They may grace us with the amazing A4 Skyhawk if we are lucky (sarcasm).