How Real weather changes over time / location / altitude

I think we have all flown in MSFS “Real Weather” and experienced “ABRUPT” weather changes, and the plane shakes, and various other thing jump and then stabilize.

Strangely enough, it seems to only be the Pressure that Jumps – other weather variables seem to change quite smoothly.

Maybe what is needed is some sort of running average (smoothing ) on Pressure, to smooth out those violent jumps.

Example. Plane climbing in Real Weather

1 Like

I’ve definitely experienced very abrupt wind changes, both directional and in magnitude. Often happens around mountainous terrain, even at very high altitudes.

What units/scale are you plotting for pressure?

Good question … was wondering when someone would ask that …
(in hindsight it may have been a little to sensitive)

P plot = (P -29.92) * 1000 so units of 0.001 InHg

may need to re-evaluate that !!!

Looks like Pressure has a resolution of 0,001 In Hg, but even so, I would not expect it to change so abruptly, during a simple climb over relatively flat land ( Flying south from KDCA)

maybe time for a little Mountain Flying !!

1 Like

That is to be expected.
Search the net for mountian flying.

Can I ask what you are using to record the data and plot to the graph? Very interesting.

Live Graph (see top left corner of graph) - available from fsdeveloper.com

1 Like

To be honest - I was yesterday flying low lvl with DA62 at FL120 through Germany. By Windy it was 280/71 at FL140. Then 280/60 at FL100. As I was passing near Berlin direction changed to something like 300/30. And stayded there for about 30 minutes. Then it came back again. Again with these spikes that almost flipped over my airplane.

I am seeing the same sudden changes/flips in the Real weather …

I hate to even bring attention to something, but I think I just experienced it a few minutes ago, and if what I saw is correct, something will need to be done about it quick …

I do not know if WAKE TURBULENCE is fully simulated yet in MP, ( introduced with the Reno update ? ) but if it is at all, this is going to be an issue.

Disruptive players, intentionally BUZZING other planes, and inflicting wake turbulence on them, just to be a PITA.

ie I was flying my Cessna, and just got Buzzed, very closely by a couple of MP Fighter planes, and the wake flipped my plane .

I suspect two F%$#ing Fighter Pilots, messing around together, seeing who they can disrupt !!!

If this is really going to be an issue going forward, there needs to be a way to stop it, while still allowing wake turbulence to be present when wanted … a HOT KEY to turn it on/off maybe. ?

Unfortunately, I see it as a possible issue going forward, and I do not see the solution as giving in to theses disruptive players, and having to stop using MP, or having to permanently turn off the wake turbulence effect.

faawakturlg

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.