How to activate my flight sim yoke?

I connected my CH Flight Sim Yoke, but MSFS does not respond to steering, engine control, landing gear up / down and more. Only flaps and change of views work as far as I can see.
Would someone be so kind as to guide me? How can I make the proper settings and testing?

Thank you in advance!

You need to bind the axis and buttons. Go to your options then controls. Select the yoke you have connected, and set the filter to display all command. Then start binding them.

Neo4316, thank you very much. That is important information.

However, I’m still confused.

A test in The CH Product’s Control Manager shows me, that all buttons and axes works.

In Options > Controls, I have only one yoke to select: CH Poducts Flight Sim Yoke.
The “shadow” image of this has two sticks. My have a steering wheel.

In the default settings, the ailerons and elevator (and mixt, prop and throttle) does not work.

I make a new profile as you suggested.

In this, the buttons seems to work, but I still have problems with the axes.

I can select among these inputs:
Joystick L-AxisX
Joystick L-AxisX+
Joystick L-AxisX-
Joystick L-AxisY
Joystick L-AxisY+
Joystick L-AxisY-
Joystick L-AxisZ
Joystick L-AxisZ+
Joystick L-AxisZ -

Joystick R-AxisY
Joystick R-AxisY+
Joystick R-AxisY-
Joystick R-AxisZ
Joystick R-AxisZ+
Joystick R-AxisZ -

(Joystick R has no X to select)

If I select Joystick L-AxisX it does not work.
If I select, say, Joystick L-AxisX+ it works, but only in one direction.

So, I don’t really know what to do.

There are quite a few videos on YouTube of how to set up a CH Flight Sim Yoke in MSFS and how to bind all of the controls.

Here is one option:

Beware. I tried to copy/save the picture and it really messed up my PC.

Could not open File explorer or Chrome after trying.

Had to restart PC.

Great. That solved my problem. Thank you very much.

The solution is to click in the “Start scanning” field and then move the relevant axis on the yoke. The field will then show the relevant text. For example “Joystick L-AxisX”; exactly like it did, when I selected it from the input list, the difference being that the bar graph under the field comes alive, and the axis now works in MSFS.

Regarding buttons, it does not say “Start scanning”, but it works to select from the input list.

I don’t know why there is a right column? That confused me.
I wonder that this setting shall be so “secret”, and I want to thank you who guided me.

1 Like