How to activate REPLAY MODE

Can someone tell me how to use the replay mode?

R u sure there is replay mode yet??

There is a tutorial here which may help:

NEW: Replay Feature

You should activate Developer Mode and found Replay Mode to check.
After you’ll found a new item on toolbar with record, stop, save as and load items.
Ciao

Excellent. Thank you

1 Like

This works OK but needs setting everytime I load MSFS, ie I have to go into dev mode and set the replay switch, after that I can close the dev mode and everything works. Is this normal or am I doing something wrong here.

Anyone got any ideas?

Hello, I have managed to save a couple of sequences but when I try to load and select the saved file, I immediately get a CTD - have not had any CTDs in other circumstances so it must be this feature. Anyone else having this problem and/ or suggestions on what could be going the wrong way?

you have to set it every time. At least for now. It is still a beta version I suspect.

Thanks, no one else seemed to make that clear, it is as you say probably a beta / early release.

I think I found what was wrong - I was trying to record in an add-on airport. Tried the tool with a generic one and things were much better.

This approach for replay is way too complex. We need something that always run in in the background, you finish your flight and press a button in the Toolbar and you replay it, change your views, while playing, slow it if you want, check it with any view while playing, etc, then you can save it if you want. Right now the Beta looks more like a tool for cinematographers, not pilots. Maybe, I 've using X-Plane too long…

1 Like

Replay not available in Reno races :frowning:

This is such an essential thing. Us airplane-geek gamers love to see our approach and landings. Wether as a passenger or from the outside. We all miss this a lot.

FSX had it, XP11 has it. At the very least take a cue from the consoles and constantly save the last 5 minutes of flight or something.

1 Like

I haven’t tried the replay mode in MSFS 2020 yet. But from the sound of it it seems a bit complex. I agree that X-plane replay mode is the way it should be. Especially allowing views from all different vantage points as well as live panning during replay. I would prefer MSFS to clone that feature rather than have thedrone camera.

It’s still in a “beta” phase, so to speak. The reason it’s buried in Developer Mode is specifically because it doesn’t have a dedicated and refined UI yet. The team intends to clean this up and release a more finished product in a future sim update.

There’s a free flight recorder on flightsim.to if that’s your thing. The devs have said there will be a more streamlined UI outside of dev mode in a future update - they’re just not there yet. Patience. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.